52.)

It was September 1st and Renae, King, and the kids were back in Jamaica. King's journey lasted a little longer than Renae had hoped but she had the help of her aunt and Bryson to help keep the girls busy.

They really hated living in the states and made it known with their fussing, they were used to the sun and beach and being half dressed. Tamia told Renae that it was her fault and all Renae could do was laugh.

Now Renae was out shopping with Ayanna to get things together for Kingston's birthday. The girls were with Mrs. Capri and Kingston and Kwan were out discussing business as usual.

"Are you certain that Jamaica is the place for you?" Ayanna asked Renae as they looked over some balloons.

"Yeah, I love it here and so does the girls. It's not the states but this feels like home too,"

"Does Kingston feel the same?" She asked.

"Yes, we've talked about it. We'll fly out to visit our family or just fly them here, no biggie," Renae shrugged placing the balloons in the shopping cart.

"I low key was hoping you would say that because I like this growing friendship," Ayanna giggled and Renae laughed nudging her.

"I do too, I never really had female friends and when I did try to make some shit never ended well,"

"Jealousy or something?"

"Yeah or some of them were using me to get at my cousin and his friends and the other girl was only cool with me because she had a thing for King," Renae laughed then rolled her eyes thinking about Zina.

"Damn, well a lot of the ladies here are friendly, I just have trust issues so I was glad when Kwan basically forced me to go out with you," Ayanna said and Renae laughed.

"I think he did a good job at this, he seems like he's hard on everyone or gives everyone a hard time except you,"

"That's how he's always been, especially after losing his mom. Vibing with people off the back isn't his thing," Ayanna replied as they got to the birthday cards section.

"How old is he turning?"

"Twenty-five," Renae smiled big.

"Twenty-five and y'all living big, that's an accomplishment, most people like us don't even live to see that,"

"That's why I want to celebrate it but he doesn't want to, but technically he has no choice because the girls are gonna make sure he does," Renae giggled and Ayanna smiled.

"I can't believe they're seven months old now,"

"Me either, they're growing up too fast," Renae pouted choosing a few cards for King.

"That's normally how it goes, they'll start to slow down eventually," Ayanna assured.

"I sure hope so,"...

Once they finished getting things together for King's birthday, they headed to a restaurant to eat before they shopped some more.

Renae had a simple American dish, baked mac and cheese, pork chops smothered in gravy and a Jamaican pastry. Ayanna had a burger with bacon and onions inside the meat with sweet potato fries on the side and a few oatmeal raisin cookies.

"I have a cake tasting set up for you and King next week," Ayanna announced.

"Free sweets? Oh yeah," Renae giggled and Ayanna laughed putting the straw inside her milkshake.

"Did you tell your family about the destination?"

"Yeah and they hit me with the whew, that's expensive," Renae said and they both laughed.