81.)

It's been 3 days since the party and Ayanna were more than confused about her and Kwan's friendship. She refused to ask any questions that would set her up for failure but she still wanted to know if he was just being extra nice or if he felt something for her, whichever it was she wouldn't know, she convinced herself not to ask.

It was January 3rd and almost the end of football season, Kwan made sure to have Ayanna show up to all of his games and she even took it upon herself to go to his practices.

Finishing up her 4 classes of the day, Ayanna headed back to her dorm to shower, eat then headed back to campus to watch Kwan, her daydream was cut short when an incoming FaceTime call from her mom came in.

Smiling, Ayanna went ahead and answered "Mommyyyy,"

"Pretty brown girl, how are you, my love?" Her mom greeted.

"I'm well, I'm just watching the guys football practice, I aced my chemistry test," Ayanna smiled as did her mom.

"Since when do you like sports? You got a crush on that Kwan guy don't you?"

"What? No, we're friends... my only friend,"

"Mhm, I used that same lie about your father and look at us, married twelve years," her mom stated and Ayanna giggled.

"Ok... maybe I have a teeny weeny crush but it's nothing major," Ayanna replied.

"I knew it! AARON COME HERE!"

"Oh my God... mom seriously?" Ayanna frowned covering her face when her dad came into view.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing," Ayanna mumbled giving her mom a look.

"What is it?" Her dad asked again.

"She passed her chemistry test, the one she's been stressing about," her mom lied then winked when Aaron put his face closer into the camera.

"What was the score?"

"A solid one-hundred," Ayanna smiled.

"Told you, you got your brains from me kiddo,"

"No the hell she didn't, don't stand here in my face trying to play me,"

"Wasn't nobody trying to play you woman, I'm having a conversation with my daughter," he replied.

"And you thought you were slick trying to insult my intelligence,"

"Lyssa I am not thinking about your fake anger ta-" before he could finish she smacked him upside his head causing Ayanna to bust out laughing.

"Mommy no,"

"Pretty Brown girl, I will call you back, BRING YOUR ASS!" She hollered before ending the call.

Ayanna was laughing so hard she had tears coming from her eyes.

"Hell got yuh so tickled?" Kwan asked startling her.

"What th— how long were you here?" She asked putting her phone up.

"Just now," he chuckled taking a seat beside her and picked up her bag of barbecue Fritos twist.

"Hey," She whined taking the bag from him and he chuckled.

"Stingy, don't leave," he said just as his coaches waved him over.