75.)

"Wah yuh see so exciting about di gyal? Shi basic, lakka di rest of dem," Lacey, one of Kwan's old flings that he used to mess around with said.

They were sitting in the library supposed to be studying but Kwan was too busy keeping an eye on the guys that kept approaching Ayanna. It's been a few months since her parents were killed and he's noticed she's been welcoming a lot of unnecessary attention, some that included one night stands.

Despite their failed relationship that they both knew shouldn't have happened and the argument they had, Kwan still cared about her and any guy that tried her could still in his words "get dealt with"

"Watch yourself," He warned cutting from his thoughts and eyed her.

Lacey gave him a funny look then looked over at Ayanna, "Yuh even talk lakka di damn gyal."

"Mind yur business, fuck yuh worried bout her for? Shi don't even know yuh,"

"Of course shi does, but since yuh hab yur own apartment yuh nuh see nor hear di shit shi says fi any other gyal who knows yuh," she said and Kwan couldn't do anything but laugh.

He knew she was lying for the simple fact that Ayanna steered clear of any female since the first day she got to Jamaica and any girls that did try to befriend her, she only spoke about classes and kept it moving.

Like Lacey, the other girls that had Kwan in their guts once upon a time were jealous of the fact that Ayanna paid them literal dust and was envious of the fact that Kwan treated her different than them.

"Yuh hate her guts why yuh even defending her?" She scoffed.

Ignoring her, Kwan grabbed his book and turned the page.

Hate? That was a strong word and definitely not in his vocabulary towards Ayanna, not even close. He was angry with her, but hate? Not even an ounce. Her parents and unborn sibling was murdered, they tried to have a relationship that failed terribly and she was stuck in a country with one person that she was familiar with, she was grieving in her own way and hurt him in the process.

"Yuh cyaa go," He told Lacey as he tried to shake his thoughts.

"Kaaz mi talking bout di bitch yuh couldn't even keep? Yuh haven't even spoken fi her in months, so cut out di fake caring," she stressed picking up her highlighter.

Glaring at her, Kwan gathered his things and stood up. "Yuh were better when yuh had six dicks in yur fucking mouth, cyaa stand a jealous bitch, especially one who knows dey aren't wanted,"

As he walked away, Lacey stared at his backside with hurt written all over her face. It was true, she was indeed jealous of Ayanna, and it was even more crazy to her that despite Kwan and her not being on speaking terms he still found a way to defend her.

Maybe she took it too far but she had him first before Ayanna was even in the picture, Kwan was hers even if he didn't think so.

***

            "Yuh waah fi tek dis serious or just do it fi pass time?" Marlon, one of Kwan's football teammates asked. They were in the locker room getting dressed after winning yet another game.

"Mi a businessman at heart brudda, dis iz just for fun," Kwan replied grabbing his bag out the locker.

"Fun or for di gyals?"

Laughing, Kwan glanced at him then removed his sneakers from the duffle bag, "If yuh play sports fi get gyals, yuh hab nuh outside game, don't play mi lakka deh,"