79.)

It was 4 months into Ayanna attending Caribbean Maritime University and she was already missing home. She didn't know anyone or even trusted anyone of that matter but Kwan... he seemed to be someone she couldn't stop thinking about.

The students were getting ready to head back home for Christmas break in two weeks but Ayanna wasn't sure if she wanted to go back home afraid that she would talk herself into staying in the states and not finishing school.

She knew she had to finish school but she also missed home, she didn't take well to not feeling as if she couldn't trust anyone and ever since Kwan gave her that warning on her first day here, everyone in her eyes was shady and possibly out to get her.

It was bad enough to her that she didn't speak a bit of Patios or as some may call it Jamaican Creole, and that seemed to be the only language they spoke here unless you went around the tourist area.

Kwan was nice enough to create an entire dictionary that he spent two days working on that gave her every word, phrase, saying, insult, compliment, anything she could think of that was spoken in his Native but translated into English. She spent a month teaching herself but at times understanding the locals were still difficult so she was left to nod and smile or just smile and keep it moving.

She loved the diversity, she didn't know there were white people in Jamaica, but then again that's like saying only white people lived in London when everyone knew they were a mix as well, but the population was still a majority of blacks, something she liked.

She liked familiarity, unfamiliarity made her uncomfortable or feeling out of place.

"Ayanna," Her Sociology teacher called interrupting her thoughts.

"Would yuh lakka fi tell di class why yuh are spacing oud?"

"I rather not," Ayanna mumbled slouching in her seat and sat her textbook up to hide her face.

"Bak fi wah mi say, who yu yuh tink iz di most important person in yur life?"

"Fam or Jah," most of the students responded.

"Jah should always cum first," a girl spoke up and the teacher nodded.

"But..." the teacher trailed looking at Ayanna. "Wah yu yuh tink?"

"Family can let you down or often turn their backs on you... I guess I would have to say God or myself, if I can't trust or depend on anyone, at least I can depend on myself," Ayanna answered putting her textbook down.

"Correct, di correct answer mi wuz looking for wuz indeed yur self, nobody has nor knos yuh lakka yuh,"

"Tonight mi waah y—" before she could finish the bell rang and everyone rushed to gather their things.

"Mi send an email by six!" The teacher yelled and Ayanna laughed when the students rushed out of the class not wanting to hear that they were having homework for yet another night.

Once Ayanna gathered her things, she headed out of the classroom only to walk right into Kwan. "My bad, I wasn't paying attention"

"It wuz mi," Kwan chuckled picking up her phone that she dropped.

"Class ova yeh?" He asked and she nodded.

"The last one of the afternoon," she replied.

"Cum watch mi practice, wi hab a game tomorrow night,"