68.)

"Welcome back," Tamia smiled looking at Renae.

Smiling softly, Renae embraced her then squatted down and picked up the twins smothering them in kisses.

She and Bryson were in there for 20 minutes watching the videos along with everyone else, there were times when they wanted to make themselves known but didn't want to ruin anyone's moment so they stayed quiet, that was until Reign looked over King's shoulder and saw her mom.

Renae couldn't do anything but smile and that only made Reign even more excited.

"Glad to see you," Jamel smiled after embracing her.

After speaking to everyone, Renae stood there staring at King nervously.

Layton and the other guard headed out the house but not before getting a double look at Lucy.

Whereas Renae looked happier and healthier, King looked... well like shit. It broke her heart when Bryson told her that King took her absence the hardest she didn't think he meant this hard.

His face held a mix of anger and hurt and she was scared to say anything first.

She stayed in a one bedroom apartment that Tish often rented out to her clients whenever they needed separate help and healing.

With nothing but her journal, a few photos, and radio, Renae spent her entire time writing out all of her feelings in the form of poetry.

Some days she danced her feelings away and other days she wrote or cried them away. She even took a visit back to her childhood home and also the place where Egypt and Ahmed lost their lives.

She walked through the entire house as memory after memory came crashing back to her. She went there for four days until she fully accepted the fact that they were gone and not the people she needed in her life.

She spent three days forgiving Egypt and herself for being upset at herself for wanting her mother's love. She forgave herself for not speaking up when she should have and she forgave Egypt for treating her the way she did.

She spent the last day sitting in the spot Ahmed laid dead in telling him how much she did love him and that she forgave him and no longer needed his spirit or memories on her mind. She forgave him for turning crazy and almost killing her and even thanked him for leaving her when he did because she got time to spend with Bryson.

The rest of her healing she spent in the apartment working on more poems and more dance routines.

That's all she could do and all she wanted to do, dance and write and that's exactly what she did.

Kaari hitting King's hand interrupted their staring contest and he looked down at her and picked her up walking away without saying anything to Renae.

Ayanna looked over at Renae with a sympathetic look and Renae only smiled.

"He needs time," she smiled before joining everyone else in the kitchen.

After they sang 'Happy Birthday' to the girls, everyone got their food and headed outback so the girls could get their faces painted then watch the show from the clown.

"Are you staying for good?" Ayanna asked Renae lowly as they stood back watching the girls have a good time.

"Yeah, I wanted to stay away for two months but Tish said I was set to go,"

"You were gonna miss their birthday?" Ayanna asked.

"No, I was definitely gonna pop in and pop out," Renae admitted.