9|Jorbyn|Not Gone

TYPE: fLoOf
REQUESTED: nuuuuupe
WARNING: Light cussing
EXTRA: jonah is a dog, this is not edited
WORD COUNT: 1162

〰️

This isn't your typical love story, folks. Two boys in love. One moves away and forgets about the other, but its not so typical.

The one who stayed doesn't track the other down, the one who moved doesn't suddenly remember the other, they just go on how they go on.

Now how is this a love story? Well, its not. It is, but its really not. I'll let you figure that out for yourself...

Corbyn hit his snooze on the alarm next to his head. He sat up and felt warm metal on his chest. He looked down and the chain with a dog tag sat on his chest.

His German Shepard, who he named Jonah after his high school crush, jumped on the bed and laid in his lap.

"Hey, Jo." Corbyn yawned after then pushed him off lightly. "I'm gonna take a shower. You gonna lay in the bathroom?" Jonah wagged his tail and Corbyn pulled off the blanket.

"Oh course you are." He smiled and kissed the dog's head before walking to the bathroom. The dog followed and Corbyn turned on the shower. He got undressed and into the shower.

Jonah laid watching the curtain. He was going to protect the blonde no matter what. He lost him once, he wasn't going to lose him again....

"A twenty-four year old brunette male was killed along with many others yesterday in a terrorist attack at a MSUB. Many people are devastated and afraid to leave home. More on the victims later."

"Jonah Frantzich, one of the 250+ students who attended MSUB on that fateful Tuesday. He got one shot to the leg then to the head. The male was only twenty-four and had a bright future ahead of him."

Corbyn opened the shower curtain and smiled as he looked at the sleeping dog. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He stepped over the dog and Jonah stirred. He jumped up and Corbyn giggled.

He walked into the room and Jonah followed. Jonah jumped on the bed and watched Corbyn get dressed. Jonah adverted his gaze to the window and barked.

"Jesus! You scared me, babe." Corbyn said as he petted Jonah's head. The two headed downstairs. Corbyn sat on the couch and Jonah sat next to him. He laid his head in the blondes lap and Corbyn was petting it.

"Should we go see Zach and Jack?" Corbyn asked and Jonah rolled to look up at him. "Yeah?" Jonah whined and Corbyn nodded.

"K, no Jachary action today. How 'bout we just ride around until we have to leave town, hmm?" Jonah let his tongue loll and he seemed to smile.

"Yeah, we'll do that. Go get your bag." Jonah jumped up and ran off. Corbyn fought back the tears coming to his eyes. Its been two years since the shooting at MSUB.

He tried to stop the tears before Jonah got back, but he couldn't. He dropped his head into his hands and sobbed out loud. Jonah's ears perked at the sound and rushed to the living room. He jumped up and placed his paws on Corbyn's knees.

He whined and licked his hands. Corbyn moved them a bit and saw Jonah's pleading blue-gray eyes. He panted slightly and cocked his head. Corbyn had to laugh through his tears and Jonah smiled. He hopped down and spun in a circle before 'dancing' around the living room.

Corbyn laughed even more and Jonah saw tears of joy falling from his eyes. He barked happily and trotted over.

"You're so goofy, babe. Almost like..." Jonah jumped up and licked the tears from his cheeks. Corbyn giggled again and rubbed his sides. "Damn, to think I've had you for almost two years now. Two years that you've been making my life better."

Corbyn kissed Jonah's nose. Jonah sneezed and Corbyn acted offended. The dog jumped up and licked his face again.

"Okay, okay, I get it, I get it." Corbyn smiled and petted Jonah's fur on his back. "You're a good boy, y'know that?" Jonah looked up at Corbyn. He was crying again. He sat up and Corbyn sniffled.

"I don't know where I'd be without you, babe." He let out a sob after and Jonah whined. He hated seeing Corbyn cry. He knew it all too well. "You do so much for me." Jonah laid his head on Corbyn's collarbone area.

Corbyn sniffled again. "It seems like just yesterday I was picking you up from that puppy breeder..."

"Him. I want him."

"Why? He's the runt."

"I don't care. I want him."

"What about-"

"Him."

"Okay, okay."

"Hey, babe. You're gonna come home with me. Yeah! Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome."

Jonah looked up at Corbyn.

"Ride time?" Jonah's tail started thumping against the couch cushions. Corbyn smiled and wiped his tears. Jonah jumped up and spun again. Corbyn giggled and stood up.

Jonah strode forward with a strut and Corbyn giggled again. He followed the black, brown, and gray dog to his bedroom. He jumped on the bed and laid his head on his paws staring at Corbyn.

"I ain't packing your bag. Do it yourself." Corbyn remarked and went to his own bag. Jonah rolled his eyes and got up.

Corbyn hated having Jonah cage, sedated, but he needed too for the flight. Corbyn felt some type of deeper connection with the dog though. It was almost as if he's met the dog before he got Jonah as a pup.

Corbyn laid in bed with Jonah that night. They had made it to the Frantzich house an hour before. Both males just passed out. Well, Jonah was still passed out from the drugs.

Corbyn had carried Jonah all the way to their car too.

Corbyn's Dream

There he was. He was just standing there, staring at me. Then he shifted.

"Jonah?" I asked and the dog whined.

"Its me, Corbyn! Its me! Jonah!" He shouted and bounded up.

"No, this is only a dream." I spoke and looked at the dog in front me. He turned back into Jonah.

"Corbyn, believe me. After the shooting. I can't back. I am now you're dog! I came back to you, Corbyn!" I gasped.

"No..."

"Yes! Its me, Corbyn! I promise." Jonah cupped my cheeks then pressed his lips to mine.

Corbyn shot yo from his bed and Jonah jumped up next to him. He crawled over and looked at the blonde.

"Is it you?" Corbyn asked looking at the dog. "Are you really the Jonah that I loved then lost?" Jonah panted happily and Corbyn took that as a yes. Tears welled up in his eyes and he pulled the doggo close.

"I love you so much, Jonah." Jonah barked five times and Corbyn could pick out the five words.

"I love you too, Corbyn."