122|Not There

the lock turned in the keyhole. the door squeaked open, dust flying about. shivers ran down the boys spine, memories hitting him him the face.

he walked forward, looking around. it's been ten years. the boy walked further in, shutting the door and flicking on the lights.

why had he still paid for the rent even though he lived halfway across the country?

because this is home. he thought to himself.

i ran inside, opening my mouth. "dad? papa? im home!" i called out. a man came around the corner and i giggled at my dad's look. he had on an inflatable dinosaur outfit. then my other dad appeared, clad in the same thing.

i giggled and ran forward.

"you silly fools." i laughed and my dad patted my head while the other kissed me with his dino-snout.

those were the good times. he walked further, seeing a photo of the three of them smiling. he picked up the photo and wiped the dust off.

yes. he thought. i'm going to stay.

c--~~~~

over the next few weeks, daniel set to cleaning up the broken and dusted home. he fixed all of the faucets and drains, fixed any cables, cleaned up the rooms and doors.

he cleaned the entire house.

it looked brand new. just as if he was just now moving in, but he knew he had always lived here. he shut his door. daniel walked downstairs and saw the truck pull up.

even though his father's weren't here, he could feel their warm smiles anyway.

they warmed the house and caused the sun to shine through the windows.

thank you, son.

he could hear them as he move his and their stuff inside.

even though jonah and corbyn we'rent here, they still lived among the old house and daniel was now home again.