53|Hold On

TYPE: sad
REQUESTED: nah
WARNING: suicide, sad
EXTRA: this is sad
WORD COUNT: 739
SONG: Hold On by Chord Overstreet

〰️

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone

jonah and corbyn had a weird relationship. there were days where they showed love to each other, other days it was a constant fight. they accused each other of stuff and denied the truth. sometimes corbyn talked about leaving this world after their fights and jonah always told him he couldn't imagine the world without him. there was joy and chaos when every new day came around. they both knew they had demons inside.

jonah would feel so lost if corbyn let him. he wouldn't know what to do.

You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "please don't leave me"

jonah pounded on the door after another fight. corbyn had ran to the bathroom and locked the door. he tried everything and had to resort to breaking the door down. he finally got it opened and stared at corbyn's body laying on the floor. jonah dropped down and pulled corbyn close. he tried to feel his heartbeat, but it was fading.

"please don't leave!" jonah screamed, but it seems that corbyn couldn't hear.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

"hold on, corbyn, please. i need you and still want you. i didn't mean it. please, come back!" jonah gripped corbyn's hand. "i can make it right again." jonah stared at his pale body and sobbed quietly. he swore to corbyn that he'll love him his whole life and it was the truth.

"hold on, corbyn, i still need you."

A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding in the shock and the chill in my bones

jonah sat in the ambulance. corbyn was laying silently next to him and he was breaking down. it all felt like a big, terrible nightmare. he couldn't believe it was true.

corbyn had actually tried to take his life. he was trying to escape, thinking it was only a dream, but it wasn't. he was helplessly praying to some god up there to help corbyn; praying that they would stop his fading his light.

They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"

jonah watched as the paramedics took corbyn away on a gurney. jonah started to pace the waiting room as he waited. the doctors finally brought him back to where corbyn lay. jonah wondered if corbyn could hear him screaming for him not to leave.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

"hold on, i still want your, corbyn. i need you so please come back. i'll take your hand, i-i-i can make it right! i swear to love you all my life. please, hold on because i still need you."

I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

jonah want to let of corbyn just yet. he knew he wasn't that strong enough to do that. he just wanted to hear corbyn's voice once more. he wanted him to say, "baby, let's go home. let's go home." that's all jonah wanted to do now, he wanted to take corbyn back home.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

joanh sobbed as he sat next to corbyn's pale body.

"hold on, i still want you." jonah sang lightly. "come back, i still need you." he stood up and wiped his tears. he kissed corbyn's head then left as the long rang through his room.