23|Scary Campfire Stories

corbyn snuggled up to jonah as they were sitting around a campfire. zach rubbed his hands together.

"okay, this story is based in my own state that i was born in." zach started. "its the tale of 'The Wolf Girl of Devil's River.' in the eighteenth century (1800), a little boy saw an unclothed girl eating a goat. a pack of wolves were surrounding her as she ate. this was by the renowned, haunted Espantosa Lake. days later, she was kidnapped by some cowboys, but in the middle of the night, she ran away from the farm. and she hasn't been seen since."

chills ran down corbyn's spine and he pulled himself closer to jonah. the brunette kissed his forehead.

"how the hell could you live there knowing that?!" daniel asked and zach shrugged as he leaned back into jack.

"oo! i have one." corbyn said. everyone looked to him. "this is based off a short story i read called 'The Rustling Corn.' its about this corn field and every night, something rustles in the field, even if the wind isnt blowing. the house is called 'the house of nightmares' because people see things in it and get nightmares from it. it really leaves the readers mind to imagine what's in the field." corbyn said and everyone grimaced.

"never lving on a farm. no matter how much my wife, or husband want too." daniel says and they all laugh.

"ooo! i got one. its creepy as fuck though." jack said. he cleared his throat before speaking. "long ago, there was the farmer and his wife. everytime his wife gave birth, the farmer would build a barn for each child. they were up to their seventh child, but the wife and child both died during birth. so, the farmer went mad with grief. the farm was going downhill. so, one night, he took his six children and murdered them in their barns with an axe. after he killed them, he hung himself in the seventh barn. eventually, the barn was sold off and the six barns were torn down, except the seventh one. everyone said that if you go into the barn you can see the farmer handing d swinging from the rafters." jack said d the boys had heavy breathing

"but that's not all. after that, a teacher decided to do some research and find the seventh  barn because no one knew where it was really located. so, he and his son went out to the barn. the teacher had his camera to see if he could film anything. the next morning, the wife reports the two missing. so, the cops go to the seventh barn and finds the two hanging from the rafters with the farmer next to them, swinging also." jack finished and corbyn shook his hody.

"i ain't getting sleep tonight." corbyn said and they all chuckled heartedly, knowing he was right. (i can relate after reading that shit-)

"so...can we go home now?" zach asked and they all nod. they put out the fire and headed back to the car, but zach and corbyn ran. once in the car, a ping went off on someone's phone and jonah looked down.

it was a thing from instagram.

"what the fuck?" he looked at the Wi-Fi and looked at the name of the free Wi-Fi name.

'RUN, BOYS, RUN.' jonah nearly screamed.

"GO! GO! GO!" jonah yelled and daniel took off while corbyn looked at the name.

"THAT'S LIKE THE TALE ON REDDIT." he yelled. then daniel hit the brakes as a person appeared in front of the car.

none of the boys were seen again.