116|The Firefighter

corbyn whined gently as he sat on the bus that was tipped over. it had been a normal trip for his soccer team, but then the bus driver hit a slab of ice and the bus tipped. then a tractor came form nowhere and crashed into the bus, sending debris everywhere. some getting stuck in corbyn's protruding stomach.

"fire department! is there anyone in here?" a man called out.

"he-help!" corbyn cried out as firefighters and paramedics came towards him.

"corbyn?" a man asked as he squatted next to him. corbyn nodded. "hey there, bud. my names jonah. we're gonna get you out okay?" corbyn nodded.

"be careful of my stomach please." corbyn whimpered and jonah noticed the slight bump in his clothes.

"of course, bud." the firefighters got to work. they got the seat unsquished from the teen boy.

"okay, stay calm, buddy. we gotta get this pole from your side." corbyn was crying. jonah cut the two sides and they pulled him from the seat. corbyn cried out and held onto jonah. "there we go, all done." they carried him to the ambulance and his friends were worried.

"are they gonna be okay?" daniel asked and jonah furrowed his brows.

"they?" he asked and daniel nodded.

"corbyn and the baby inside him." he said and jonah softened.

"i don't know, bud. i hope so." daniel nodded and jonah looked back at the boy going into the ambulance.

❤❤

jonah walked into the hospital, holding his walkie-talkie. he saw a nurse and walked up.

"hey there, jonah. what's brings you here?" the nurse, christina, asked.

"hey, chris. uh, i brought in a boy last night. blonde hair pregnant i believe. names corbyn." jonah described. "i just wanted to check up on him." jonah said and the nurse nodded.

"corbyn besson, seventeen. male pregnancies. nearly 7 months along." christina said. "hes up on the second floor."

"thanks." jonah headed towards the elevators, going upstairs. he found the boy's room and knock on the door. the boy looked up and smiled.

"are you the firefighter that saved my daddy?" a girl asked as she bounded up to him. jonah nodded.

"yea...i did." jonah looked up and the boy had a sad smile on his face. "how ya doing kid?" jonah walked forward, the girl running back.

"i've been worse, and i've been better. nothing new." he chuckled and jonah smiled.

"and the baby?" he asked and corbyn smiled.

"no injuries - thank god - but he had a tiny but of trauma from when the bus jerked. corbyn said and placed his hand on his stomach.

"that's my little brother!" the girl cheered and jonah smiled.

"and what's your name?" jonah asked her and she smiled.

"ridley!" jonah smiled.

"that's a pretty name, ridley." jonah complimented. the blonde smiled at him. he turned back to corbyn and the boy was watching the girl color fondly

"who's the father?" jonah asked quietly so the girl couldn't hear and the brunette saw him tense.

"its hard to explain."

"excuse me?! i need to see my son." corbyn's eyes went wide.

"ridley, hun, can you go with the kind firefighter for a couple hours?" he was asking jonah and ridley.