20|The Boy and His Dog

TYPE: fLoOf
REQUESTED: nUpE
WARNING: eH
EXTRA: eH
WORD COUNT: 383

〰️

Corbyn looked around, but the only thing he could see was the red, orange and yellow from the fire surrounding him. He coughed and looked up. All he saw was black smoke. He laid on his stomach and crawled to the nearest window.

He looked out of the opened window and saw many red trucks appear. People hopped out and he waved his arm out the window.

"Up there!" He coughed again and slid down the wall. "We're coming, bud! Hang in there!" Everything was a blur for Corbyn now. The smoke burned his eyes and tears rolled down his cheeks. He coughed again.

"Fire department! Call out!"

"In here! Please!" Corbyn heard his mother call from another room. He could merely force out a squeak. The door bursted open suddenly and Corbyn let his head loll.

"I got one!" A voice yelled. "Hey, hey, bud. You still with me?" Corbyn looked up and saw a man with a mask.

"I'm gonna get you outta here, okay? Hang on, bud." He picked up his small body and carried him out. Corbyn closed his eyes as the light of the sun hit his eyes. He coughed and soon a mask was placed above his nose and mouth.

"Is he gonna be okay?"

"I don't know, Jonah. We gotaa get him to the hospital though." The man nodded and stepped back.

"Wait. . ." Corbyn coughed and pulled off the mask.

"No-"

"Jonah." The man came back and looked at him. "U-Upstairs. I-In the room *cough* there's-a dog. Get him, please." Corbyn put the mask back on and they wheeled him into the ambulance.

Jonah put on his mask and ran back inside. He ran up the stairs and looked around. He soon spotted the large dog and walked over. The dogs tail wagged and he walked forward.

"Hey, buddy. You gonna come with me?" The dog yipped and followed him. He picked up the dog and carrie shin outside.

"Zach!" Corbyn shouted with a cough. Jonah walked over with the dog. He set the dog down with Corbyn.

"Thank you so much." Corbyn said and closed his eyes.

"You're welcome, bud." He stepped back and the ambulance drove away. "You're welcome, bud."