86|Bring Me To Hawaii

jonah had three younger brothers; corbyn, james, and tony. corbyn and jonah were the closest of the four in the brothers, hir when jonah turned eighteen, he left to go be with a band.

corbyn got sad though because that meant his older brother was leaving him, for a while.

corbyn was eleven at the time, now he was fourteen.

his brother was back for his birthday, then left again. corbyn just wanted uis older brother back again.

💙💙

corbyn sat in the green grass of the front yard. it was midnight and he was staring at the stars.

"shouldn't you be in bed, boyo?" their neighbor, john, asked as he got out of his car.

"couldn't sleep." was all corbyn replied and the man shook his head before walking into his house. corbyn fell back onto the grass and sighed.

a car head lights shone on his skin and soon a car door opened and close.

"corbyn matthew besson."

crap.

💙💙

corbyn walked down the street while the sun was setting. he had spent his afternoon at the river. he kicked a pebble and threw his bag on the ground.

he plopped onto the grass and he heard the front door open. his mother leaned against the door frame with a frown.

"see? he isn't the boy he used to be before you left," his mother whispered and the twenty one year old frowned.

"i think this'll cheer him up just a bit though," jonah whispered and stepped down the stairs. corbyn's eyes were still focused on the sunset.

"babe.." jonah spoke softly and corbyn let his head fall down.

"jo..its been so hard," he sobbed and jonah plopped next to him. jonah pulled corbyn over and sat him in his lap. corbyn wrapped his arms around his neck and sobbed into his neck. jonah rubbed his back lightly.

"what happened, baby?" jonah asked as corbyn nuzzled his cheek against his neck. corbyn only did that when he was really affected and need affection.

"the-they called me things, jonah. an-and, da-dad...he-he." corbyn couldnt finish as he started to cry again. jonah immediately knew.

their dad was a very old fashioned man and did thing that would be considered child abuse in todays eyes.

corbyn sucked in a breath, "he-he hit me, jo...with-with...the-the be-belt." jonah felt anger bubble up inside of him.

what had he done so bad that he deserved the belt?

"what did you do, baby?" jonah asked.

"i was just sit-sitting on the lawn," he gasped and jonah kissed his cheek.

"at what time?"

"i dunno. twelve, or one am?" he seemed to ask and jonah sighed.

"dad should've been easier on you," jonah whispered and corbyn nodded. "hey, guess what though."