He's Been Hiding The Truth {Dreammare}

Nightmare had always been the guardian that everyone hated severely. Had Nightmare done anything wrong to make people hate him? No. He was hated for being the embodiment of negativity as well as being the guardian of the dark apples that were thought to be evil. Everyone treated Nightmare so terribly and Dream didn't even know that people hated Nightmare. Though, the people of dreamtale straight up wanted Nightmare gone. They wanted only Dream there to protect the tree of feelings. Not Nightmare. They'd treat Nightmare terribly anytime Nightmare had to protect the tree by himself. But if Dream was around, they wouldn't do anything to Nightmare since they didn't want Dream finding out. But when Dream wasn't there, they'd treat Nightmare horribly. They'd say harsh things to him, they'd threaten him, and they'd physically hurt Nightmare. Anytime Nightmare got hurt, he'd have to hide his wounds with magic so Dream wouldn't see them. He was scared about Dream finding out about his injuries because he didn't know how Dream would react. This had went on for many many years and Dream was completely clueless. Though, after a while, it got too tiring to hide any new injuries but what happens if when it was Nightmare's turn to protect the tree one night while Dream stayed home, what if Nightmare comes home straight up crying and badly hurt? How would Dream react to what's been going on with Nightmare's life that Nightmare had been too scared to tell him about because Nightmare had been threatened to stay quiet about it?

//I wanna be Nightmare for this//