Chapter 05

It was Sunday morning and to nobody's surprise, Jenna was running away from the library as if a three headed dog was chasing her.

     Lily paced quickly after her, trying hard not to attract attention. But with the Potter blood in Jenna's veins, it was almost an impossible thing to do; specially now that she was yelling all the way down the corridor; "I don't wanna study!"

     On their way down the hall, Lily and Jenna spotted Alice, who was walking alone as she hugged her books to her chest, lost in her own little world.

     "Alice!" Jenna boomed at her sight, causing the poor girl to jerk her head up, being caught off guard as Jenna ran towards her. Jenna brought her into a bone-crushing hug, saying, "Oh, Alice, I thought I'd never see you again! I almost forgot what your face looked like!"

     Giggling, Alice hugged her back despite not having a clue as to what was going on. "What do you mean you almost forgot what my face looked like, Jen? I saw you forty minutes ago."

"Just promise to never leave me again!" Jenna said, holding on tight to her. "I almost died!"

"Died? What are you talking about?"

Jenna pulled away slightly, though still clinging on to Alice, as she glared at Lily and pointed a finger at her direction.

"Oh, please!" Lily rolled her eyes. "I just made her look at a book for three minutes!"

"Three dreadful minutes!" Jenna added.

Alice simpered, patting Jenna on the head, "You poor thing."

"We have O.W.Ls this year, Jen. You need to take them seriously. It affects our futures." Lily shook her head in disbelief when she saw Jenna wasn't listening to her in the slightest. "Anyway, I better go and find Severus."

Jenna finally pulled away from Alice at that. "Why?" she asked, frowning.

"I promised we'd study potions together," Lily answered, wishing that she hadn't brought up his name in front of them.

"Again?" Jenna sighed.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Lily retorted. "He's my friend!"

"Yes, but have you seen his friends?" Jenna tried to reason. "It's obvious they all want to become Death Eaters the moment they leave Hogwarts. They cursed that McDonald girl last year, for Merlin's sake! It was dark magic, Lily."

"Well, he's not like them!" Lily said, doubt clearing being heard in her voice. She looked at Alice for support, but she too shook her head.

"Sorry, Lil," Alice said with a sad smile, "but I'm with Jen on this."

"Alright," Lily sighed in defeat. "I'll talk to him." And then without any other word, she left Jenna and Alice with one last wave.

"C'mon, lets go find Marlene." Jenna suggested to distract herself and Alice nodded, and so off they went, returning to the Gryffindor common room to look for her there.

     Although when they passed the Fat Lady, instead of finding Marlene, Jenna spottet the ever so familiar and warm feature of Remus Lupin, as he sat on the couch before the fireplace, reading a book and nibbling on a piece of chocolate.

     "You know what?" Alice started. "I feel a bit drowsy. I think I'll just go to our dorm." and after giving Jenna an encouraging smile, she excused herself and went upstairs, leaving her and Remus alone.

     He hadn't noticed her presence until Jenna walked slowly towards him, saying in a gentle voice, "Hey, Remus."

      Looking up at her with his kind yet tired eyes, he smiled welcomingly. "Hi, Jenna. How are you?"

     "I'm good." She nodded brightly. "Where are the others?"

     "Well, James and Sirius had to stay up in the dorm a bit longer to style their hair," he sighed in disappointment, "and Peter stayed with them. I told them I would wait for them down here. Mind you, I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes now."

     Jenna chuckled. "I don't know why James even bothers caring after his hair. It's messed up all the time, anyway, no matter what he does."

     Remus laughed in response. "Won't you sit down?" He invited, pointing at the empty seat next to him on the couch.

     "Oh, right. Thanks."

     "So I just saw your Quidditch notice on the wall," he said. "I'm happy to see you let James and Sirius on the team this year."

     "Of course I would've let them in. They're the best players on the team." said Jenna, but then she quickly added, "Don't tell them I said that."

     "Don't worry, I won't," he chuckled. "You sure you have the energy to deal with them three whole years, though?"

     "I think I'll manage," Jenna said hopefully with a grin. But then, her glance falling upon the open book on his lap, she asked, "What are you reading, anyway?"

     "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." He answered.

     But just then out of nowhere, Sirius suddenly appeared behind their couch and leaned on it, popping his head between them and saying with a grin, "Answer: in my bed."

     Peter and James roared with laughter behind him as Jenna and Remus rolled their eyes.

Jenna who had turned slightly annoyed because of the interruption, stood up from the couch.

That was exactly the problem; she could never get the chance to be alone with Remus and to talk to him, seeing as the four of them appeared to have been glued together.

"Oh, c'mon, Jenny," Sirius started with a fake impression of sadness on his face, "Don't leave on my account."

"See you later, Remus," said Jenna, ignoring Sirius as she made her way over the portrait hole.

"Where are you going!?" Sirius called out after her.

"Away from you!" said Jenna jokingly, disappearing out of sight.

She decided to go after Lily. Jenna knew exactly where to find her. There was a chamber near Slytherin's common room that Snape and Lily usually met up to study; somewhere that the Marauders would rarely pass, which gave Severus some peace of mind.

Jenna decided to take a shortcut to get there, but once she reached the dungeons, she realized that she had lost her way.

Huffing to herself, Jenna turned on her heels to return back and find her way, but she was frozen on her spot when she turned and saw two Slytherin boys standing behind her, smirking.

"Well, well," said the taller boy coldly. "If it isn't Hogwarts' little freak." The other boy sneered at that remark.

She gulped at their sight, taking a step backwards. Jenna knew them both; Mulciber and Avery.

She tried to ignore them and started to move away, but Mulciber was quick to step forward and block her way.

"Now what would a little lion like you do in the Serpents' territory?" Mulciber mused darkly, looking down at her.

"Move out of my way," she said tightly, but the two boys only laughed at her.

"Ooh, touchy." Avery snarled. "Looks like someone needs to teach you how to respect your superiors."

"Better give her a lesson she never forgets then, eh?" Mulciber suggested with a smirk playing at the edge of his lips.

They already had their wands in their hands as they started to walk closer to Jenna in a dangerously slow pace.

Jenna tried to stay still, knowing that the element of surprise was her only chance of escaping. She had to wait until the very last second before drawing her wand out and attacking them.

But just before Mulciber could reach out to grab her, a voice from the other side of the hall yelled,

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" and the next moment, the two boys were stupefied and hit the wall roughly.