Chapter 96

The rest of the night went by perfectly, making it one of the best Christmas parties they'd ever had.

       At the end of the night, they all gathered around the hall and raised a toast to the good times and sang to jolly songs, enjoying themselves all together.

       Although near the end when everyone else was leaving, it seemed like Mr. Potter and Marlene's father had too much to drink as they were red in the face and laughed for no reason as they both had an arm over the other's shoulder.

      "Well, see you later, old man!" Mr. McKinnon chimed and clapped a hand over Fleamont's back.

     "Uh oh..." Mrs. Potter went pale as she watched her husband with worry, knowing how sensitive he used to get when someone called him 'old'.

      But she sighed in relief when Mr. Potter laughed and patted Mr. McKinnon as well as he got into the fireplace after his wife and children, disappearing into the green flames.

      Lily was last to leave. Mr. Potter had connected their Floo Network into theirs earlier that day after sending a letter to the Evans family and taking permission.

      So at the end of the night, Mrs. Potter left the house with Lily through the fire to meet her parents and thank them for letting her join them that evening.

      Mickey immediately got to work and happily started cleaning the place up after the last guest had left and the Potters returned back to their rooms and changed into their comfortable clothes.

       But Jenna couldn't fall asleep that night. It was nearly three in the morning that she finally gave up trying and walked down to the kitchen to drink a glass of water.

       But on her way back when she passed Sirius's room, Jenna saw the light from under his door, realizing that he was probably awake.

      So knocking gently on his door, she opened it and looked inside, seeing Sirius laying on his bed shirtless. With his back leaning against the headboard, he was looking down at his motorcycle magazine.

     His head then shot up at the sight of Jenna and a grin brewed on his lips as she closed the door behind her.

       "Hey," she smiled at him, walking inside.

       "Hey, kitten," said Sirius, putting down the magazine. "What are you doing up?"

      "Couldn't fall asleep." She shrugged. "Why do you keep reading that?"

       "I was actually thinking of buying one."

       "A motorcycle?" she raised her brows at that. "Really?"

      "Yeah." Sirius nodded. "But I can't decide between two of them. Come here, let me show you the pictures."

       Jenna hesitated, looking down at his blanket which was drawn on him. "You're not naked under there, are you?"

      "There's only one way to find out," he said mischievously, winking at her.

       Jenna gave him a look.

       "Fine, no. It's just the shirt," he answered. "Why do you ask, Jenny?"

       "I want to know how awkward I should be feeling right now."

       "Only half-awkward, then."

        Jenna chuckled, walking toward the bed and sitting down on it, leaning her back against the headboard next to Sirius.

      "Here," he said, showing the two pictures to her as he picked up the magazine again. "Which one?"

       "Hmm..." she hummed to herself thoughtfully, pursing her lips together as she looked between them. "Well this one looks more badass, but this one has a sidecar which is also cool."

      "Yeah... that didn't help at all," said Sirius with a chuckle and then put the magazine away.

      He glanced at Jenna, but she only sighed miserably and looked away.

       "You okay?" he mused worriedly.

       "I'm not sure," she said desperately. "I keep thinking about these... horrifying scenarios."

       "What?"

       "It's just that— people keep disappearing — the students at school are called up to the headmaster's office for the bad news — and I'm just scared that the same would happen to me."

      "But it won't —"

      "You don't know that!" she said sharply before shaking her head. "My parents are Aurors, Sirius. Their job is dangerous enough. They are probably one of the top people who are against You-Know-Who. And they keep going God-knows-where every once in a while even on their off days, and they won't tell us where they're going or what they're doing. I'm scared for them."

       Sirius said nothing, watching her with a frown as she went on,

      "Besides... they're not as young as they once used to be. Just tonight I realized how Mum and Dad were older than the other parents."

      "Okay, first of, don't let your father ever hear that you called him old," said Sirius, making Jenna laugh lightly. "And second, they are powerful enough to take care of themselves. Nothing can happen to them. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if anything, You-Know-Who will fear your mother, not the other way around."

       Jenna chuckled, nodding. "True."

       "So how about you forget all about that at the moment, and get under the covers with me and try to sleep?" he suggested with a grin.

        "And stomp on all my father's rules?" Jenna gasped lightly, but then smirked, adding, "Okay."

       So with that, she got under the blankets and nuzzled into Sirius's bare chest as he wrapped an arm around her, bringing her closer to him.