Chapter 128

The Christmas at the Potters was the quietest yet that year. There was no party. No big gathering.

It was just Fleamont, Euphemia, James, Jenna, and Sirius, as they drank hot coco in front of the fireplace in the living room, watching the snow falling outside from the windows.

       After returning to Hogwarts for the new term, Jenna seemed to be the only one among her friends who didn't worry about their upcoming N.E.W.Ts.

        Lily wouldn't let down her book for even a split second and read even at meal times or between classes.

        Whenever Alice was missing, they were sure that they could find her in the library, studying in a corner as she hummed a song to herself.

       And Marlene claimed that she was having a mental breakdown at least three times a day.

       But Jenna was now too busy focusing on the new task that Dumbledore had set her.

       Now that she had mastered Occlumency to a good level, Dumbledore wanted her to work on her Metamorphic abilities.

Obviously she couldn't ruin the mission by letting her hair suddenly turn pink or silver in Voldemort's presence in the body of a Death Eater, which meant that she had to learn how to control her emotions and not let them take the better of her.

        A month had passed and they soon reached February, but keeping her emotions at bay was proved harder than it  looked like to Jenna.

       Each time Sirius made a smooth comment or kissed her, she had to hold back her hair from turning pink. Or when she got angry at the Quidditch practices, she needed to stop it from going red.

"Ugh, will you just put that thing away?" Jenna told Lily with a groan as they were walking out of Charms class.

Lily had nearly bumped into someone as she was holding her book up to her face when they walked down the corridor. Alice had already left them to go to the library, while Marlene was mumbling grumpily to herself about how hard the new lesson was.

"No, I won't put it aways. And you should be studying too, Jen," said Lily, only briefly closing her book to scold her friend. "This is important for our future."

        Jenna opened her mouth to retort, but she was stopped by Marlene, who let out a gasp.

"Oh, God... is that Marvin?" Marlene suddenly said, stopping in her tracks as she pointed at the end of the long corridor.

Jenna looked up, only to see that three large fifth year Slytherin boys were laughing as one of them had his wand pointed at Marvin, suspending him upside down in the air, as if he were hanging from an invisible rope by his ankle.

"Oi! Pea brains!" Marlene yelled at them as she rushed down the corridor, drawing out her wand. "Why don't you pick up one someone your own size!?"

Lily and Jenna threw each other a glance as they hurried after Marlene, both thinking the same thing; they definitely weren't the same size as those boys either.

But as the three huge Slytherins were busy sniggering and mocking Marlene, she suddenly raised her wand at one of them and jinxed his legs together, causing him to hurtle down and fall on his face.

The two other boys, now alarmed, drew out their wand and pointed them at Marlene, but Jenna was quick enough to hex one as Marlene jinxed the third one, meanwhile Lily ran toward Marvin to use the counter curse on him, brining him down.