Chapter 48

"I've been to one before, eight years ago; it's amazing!" Jenna said excitedly, looking down at the tickets.

"This is a dream coming true," said Marlene as she laid down on the bed from the exhaustion of jumping around for the past few minutes.

"Are James and his friends coming too?" Alice mused.

"Dunno," Jenna shrugged, and got off the bed. "Better go and ask him. Wish him a happy birthday too, while I'm there."

"Why?" Marlene raised a brow.

The three girls turned their heads on her, staring at her blankly.

"Oh! Because of the twin thing! Right!" Marlene nodded in realization. "Sorry. Go on."

Jenna shook her head, chuckling, and left their room and went up to the boys' dormitory. But when she reached the door which had a sign on it for fifth years, Jenna frowned as she heard weird voices coming from inside.

Slightly worried, she soundlessly turned the doorknob and opened the door hesitantly, her eyes widening in shock at what she saw inside.

Remus and Peter were sat on the floor, cheering James and Sirius on who were doing some sort of a war dance with their Gryffindor ties wrapped around their foreheads like headbands, going in circles as they chanted loudly, "WORLD CUP! WORLD CUP!"

Jenna stared at them in horror for a second, before crying out, "What the—"

"AARGH!" the four boys yelped, jumping to their feet, jerking their heads at Jenna's direction.

"What do you think you're doing, bursting in here!?" James snapped.

"Now I understand why you never want me to come here unnoticed," Jenna folded her arms, grinning. "Was a part of this ceremony of yours dancing naked around the fire?"

"What do want!?" James snapped as Remus and Peter blushed, looking awkward and uneasy, meanwhile Sirius looked quite unbothered as he laid down on his bed and leaned against the headboard with a smirk, watching them in amusement.

"I gather you got the tickets too?" Jenna asked her brother.

"Yeah. Three extra for the boys," he finally grinned at that. "You?"

"Yeah, I got three others, too."

"You taking Lily and Marlene and Alice?"

"No," Jenna started sarcastically. "I was actually thinking of asking Filch and Peeves and McGonagall." She rolled her eyes. "What do you think?"

***

Throughout the easter holidays, all of them seemed more cheerful with the Quidditch World Cup to look forward to, despite their O.W.Ls being closer than ever.

Even Lily seemed excited, who didn't care much about Quidditch and still couldn't stand James in the same room with her.

But soon, all that was forgotten as McGonagall announced that she was going to talk to each of them individually for their career advice.

"Have you ever thought what you want to do after Hogwarts?" Lily asked as they sat in the Great Hall for breakfast, looking highly thoughtful.

"I think I'm gonna go work for Honeydukes Sweetshop," Marlene said with a grin, putting some toast in her plate.

"This is serious, Mar," Lily sighed. "You have to pursue a real career."

"Hey! Selling sweets is a real job!" Marlene retorted.