Chapter 108

The sound of loud cheers erupted the place. The players flew down and got to the ground. All the Gryffindors left the stands and ran toward them as they brought the Quidditch Cup into the field.

      Jenna felt so happy that she could cry while everyone tried to make their way forward to pat her on the back proudly. Alice and Lily were first and most excited among the crowd to give her and Marlene a hug.

      But what caught them off guard was that out of the blue and surrounded by the sound of cheering, Lily suddenly leaped forward and brought James into a hug.

       Jenna was staring at them with wide eyes and was so shocked that she didn't even notice when Sirius paced toward her and in a quick motion picked her up, spinning her around in happiness. She let out a yelp as well, but then laughed along in happiness.

       When Lily finally pulled away from James, her face was flushed and so she looked away shyly, going back to Marlene and Alice.

      After long seconds of being dazed and staring into distance motionlessly, James tried to regain himself by shaking his head.

       So he then went forward and with the help of Sirius, they held Jenna up on their shoulders and she laughed as they handed her the Quidditch Cup. She raised the cup into the sky with her hands and the crowd roared with happiness once more.

      Needless to say, the party at the Gryffindor common room that night was bigger than ever before.

***

The happiness of the Gryffindors seemed never ending, seeing as even after weeks, the Quidditch players kept getting proud pats on their shoulders whenever they passed by.

       But they were soon forced to go back to reality as their exams approached and once again they had to go up to the library to study.

       Even Sirius was now joining them there forcefully, even though he didn't study; because now James too wanted to go there and Jenna was also dragged by Lily there.

        That day, the eight Gryffindors were sitting around the same table in the library, busy studying for their sixth year's final exams.

      Sirius kept mumbling grumpily and cursing to himself under his breath for being there as he folded his arms moodily.

      With a miserable sigh, he placed his head down on the table on one side, looking up at Jenna who was sitting next to him, reading through her Transfigurations book.

      Sirius sighed louder this time to get her attention, but she didn't seem to care. Gritting his teeth together, he tried to come up with a way to get her to pay him attention.

        So with that, he raised his hand toward her, and started playing with her blue hair which was drawn beautifully down her back.

       "What are you doing?" Jenna whispered, not raising her head from her book.

       "I'm bored," Sirius mumbled, his head still on the table as he kept stroking her long hair.

      "Well, stop, because you're being a distraction," said Jenna quietly so only he could hear him, trying hard to suppress her smile.

       "Be grateful that I'm just playing with your hair, because I could easily distract you another way from under the table."

       By that, Jenna's head shot up toward him, only to catch Sirius smirking at her. So she just gave him a look and shook her head, going back to reading her book.

      Sirius sighed once more, louder this time, as he sat up in his chair, leaning back on it and crossing his arms yet again.

      "Stop doing that, Padfoot!" James scolded him sharply in a hushed tone.

      "Doing what!?" Sirius frowned at him and with that James mimicked him by sighing dramatically, but Sirius only made a face at him when James had looked away.

      "It wouldn't kill you to study, you know," said Lily softly.

       "Yes, it would," said Sirius, causing her to roll her eyes. "Besides, I know them all! Why would I even waste my time looking at all these rubbish!?"

        "If you're so miserable here, why don't you just go outside?" said Jenna, but it was a bad timing because Madame Pince had just walked by, throwing her a glare. So Jenna lowered her voice and said again, "Go on, then. You'll save us all from the misery."

       "But there's nothing to do outside if I go alone!" Sirius huffed.

        "You can go and spend time with Filch," Jenna suggested with a grin, only to receive a deadly glare from Sirius. So she cleared her throat, trying to get rid of her smile.

       "Why don't you come with me?" Sirius asked desperately.

       "Because Lily would kill me," Jenna reasoned, sounding like she meant it.

      Sirius rolled his eyes, his jaw clenching as he sat back in his seat, thinking of a way to get everyone out of there. So finally coming up with an idea, he grinned to himself and took out a book from his bag.

       "Fine, I'll just study, I guess," he muttered, opening his book and pretending to read it through.

      The rest of them were glad to see that Sirius had finally given in and so they peacefully went back to studying.

      Alice was helping Marlene with Herbology and Remus was quietly studying Defense Against the Dark Arts.

       Peter looked extremely puzzled as he stared down at his Charms notes which he had gotten from Remus, meanwhile Lily and James were studying Potions together.

       Sirius had started on Transfigurations like Jenna, but after long minutes of reading through, he looked up from his book.

       "Psst, Moony," he called out Remus quietly from across the table.

        "What?" said Remus, glancing back at Sirius from over his book.

       "Do you have chocolate with you? I'm starving," said Sirius, and to his great delight Remus nodded, taking some out of his bag.

       "Here." He then stretched out his arm and handed Sirius the whole chocolate bar from the other side of the table before going back to studying.

        Sirius grinned to himself, taking his time to open it up and slowly biting onto it. But not one minute had passed that they all jumped out of their skins when someone yelled behind them,

        "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" They turned around abruptly only to see Madam Pince pacing angrily toward them. "No food in the library! Out! ALL OF YOU! OUT!"

      With that, they all jumped to their feet, hurriedly grabbing all their stuff and running out of the library, Peter nearly falling down.

       "Oof, that was a close one," Sirius said with a grin when they were safely outside, causing everyone to turn and glare at him. "What?"

        "You did that on purpose!" James snapped.

       "I really don't know what you're talking about, Prongs." Sirius shrugged obliviously before smiling brightly. "Now how about we go outside by the lake! It's a beautiful day!"