Chapter 55

"Remus," Jenna said sternly, taking a step closer to him and Remus took one back in fear. "What do you mean Sirius led Snape to you that night!?"

"Er..." Remus started awkwardly, gulping. "Just — just like I said. He didn't want to harm him seriously. He tipped Snape off about how to get in, just to give him a scare for being nosy and sneaking around —"

"Hey, Potter!" they turned they heads around when Mary MacDonald, the sixth year girl called her, walking inside the Common Room.

"What?" said Jenna, trying to sound calm.

"The Snape boy's outside the portrait hole," she said bitterly. "He wants to see Lily."

"Well, tell he him to shove off," said Jenna angrily.

"He said he won't leave until he sees her," said Mary. "Says he would even sleep there on the floor all night if he has to."

"How dare he come here after what he said!" Jenna cried out angrily as Mary walked away. "I'll kill him —!"

"Wait," Remus got a hold of her wrist, pulling her back. "Lily's already upset enough. Just... let her sort things out with Snape the way she wants to. If she wants to kill him, let her do it herself."

Sighing in defeat, Jenna nodded and made her way up to their dorm, delivering the message to Lily.

Immediately, Lily shook her head as she got off the bed, trying to look firm and cold as she walked out of the room.

"Oh, God..." Alice sighed, dropping down on the bed. "This much stress this early in life isn't healthy. I'll be surprised if my hair doesn't turn white by the time I'm thirty."

***

After an hour or two, Jenna retrieved down to the Common Room. Everyone was now at the Great Hall for dinner and so the room was empty except for her, as she waited for the boys to return from their detention.

     And soon enough, finally the portrait swung open and the boys walked inside, quiet unlike their usual cheerful and noisy selves.

     Jenna quickly got off the armchair, folding her arms as she glared at them. The three boys came to a halt at her sight, staring at her in horror.

     "How's Evan —?"

     "Don't even get me started, James!" Jenna cut him off furiously.

     "What are you getting angry at me for!?" James retorted. "It wasn't me who called her a you-know-what!"

      "Well, if you had just left Severus alone, this all could've been avoided!" Jenna snapped back. "Do you like her, James? Do you really like Lily?"

     James took aback at her words. "O-of course —"

     "Then you better act on it!" she said sharply. "Lily deserves the best, and doesn't need an immature boy running after her! If you really like her, then grow up! If you want her to like you back, then earn it!"

     Jenna expected him to argue back, to bring excuses and clear himself off, but James said nothing and in the end, much to her surprise, he nodded.

     "Good," Jenna said in a final manner, walking towards the dormitory straicase.

     "Jenna, wait!" Sirius called after her. "I need to talk to you."

     "I don't want to hear it, Black," said Jenna sternly.

     Finding the situation awkward and knowing what was going to happen, James gestured at Peter and the two silently sneaked off the the boys' dormitory, leaving Sirius and Jenna alone.

     "Look, about today —"

     "I said I don't want to hear it!"

     "I just wanted to apologize!" Sirius let out and Jenna fell silence for a few moments as she stared at him.

     "Apologize?" Jenna repeated, walking slowly down the stairs and nearing him. "It's not me you should apologize to! It's Lily! And Snape, for that matter!"

     "Fat chance," Sirius scoffed. "He deserved it!"

     "Why? Because he was breathing too loudly!?"

     "Because of his kind! People like him hate people like Lily! You heard what he called her! They torture and kill them, and Muggles! He's no better than them!"

     "Is that why you wanted to kill him by sending him to Remus!?"

     The remaining color on Sirius's face drained as he looked at her, lost for words. "You found out," he muttered distantly, going pale.

     "You're the reason we lost the Quidditch Cup, which I had worked tiresomely for a year! But that doesn't matter," said Jenna. "You could've made Remus kill Snape! And what about Remus!? Do you have any idea how guilty that would've made him feel!? You could've made him a murderer!"

     "I — I didn't really think about that—"

     "Clearly!" Jenna huffed, shaking her head angrily. "Sirius, do you know what I do when I'm mad at someone? I kick their arses off! But I have never been so furious at someone like now that I don't want to even look at you! What you did is just — unforgivable."

     He gulped, feeling his mouth go dry as he stared at her. "Friends forgive each other."

     Jenna remained silent for a few seconds before saying coldly, "Then I guess we can't be friends anymore."

     At those words, Sirius's heart sank and he looked down. "You don't mean that," he whispered.

     "I do," said Jenna sternly, turning on her heels to walk away.

     "Jenna, please." Sirius quickly ran towards her, holding her wrist, his grey eyes roaming into hers. "Please don't do this..."

      But angrily, Jenna jerked her hand away from her as she glared up at him, snarling through gritted teeth, "Stay away from me."