Chapter 67

They returned back to their tent in time for lunch, Jenna and Lily choosing seats as far away from Sirius and James as possible.

When the time for the match came, everyone made their way towards the Quidditch pitch which was located not too far away from the campsite.

Euphemia was supporting Australia while Fleamont had his bets on Malagasy, Madagascar's National Team and so the two bickered all the way up to their spot until they sat down.

     "Australia has the better seeker," Mrs, Potter argued. "And their chasers are amazing compared to Malagasy's."

     "So what if they are? It doesn't matter as long as their Keeper is trash!" Mr. Potter retorted.

     Near half an hour later, when all the audience was at last seated, the French minister's voice boomed magically from the top box, speaking in a dreadful English as he welcomed them all.

     Soon, the game began as both teams mounted their brooms, flying through the air as everyone cheered them on.

     Madagascar was first to put the first Quaffle through the hoops, gaining ten points for their team.

     As half of the crowd yelled and the other half cheered, Mrs. Potter stood off her seat and yelled over the noise, "IF YOU LET ANOTHER GOAL IN I WILL SHOVE THAT QUAFFLE UP WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE!"

     Thankfully, only the fair few people who were sitting nearby heard her, and even though they looked as if they couldn't understand the language, her rude hand gesture spoke for itself.

     "Woah," said Alice with widened eyes, staring at Mrs. Potter who was watching the game warily.

     "Yeah... Mum's a little intense when it comes to Quidditch," said Jenna, smirking.

     "A little?" said Lily, grinning.

     "Hehe," Marlene smiled, watching Euphemia admirably as she said, "I think she's awesome."

***

The game came to an end after a few hours when Australia's seeker caught the Snitch at last and they won the match.

     After the game, they went and joined the Australians in their victory party, having the time of their lives as they laughed and danced all through the night.

     Afterwards, they returned back to their tent and passed out from exhaustion, being woken up by Mrs. Potter the next day.

     "That was so much fun!" Marlene said happily on their way back through the campsite, so they could take their Portkey back to the Potter Manor.

     "Yeah, even I enjoyed the game," said Lily, who had never been a fan of Quidditch.

     As everyone was busy talking about the match, Jenna lowered her pace so Sirius would catch up with her.

     "I'm gonna take that Snitch from you some day, you know," said Jenna playfully, now walking alongside Sirius.

"You can never get your hands on it unless I want you to," said Sirius, grinning arrogantly.

"Don't get too cocky, Black. You're just a sixteen year old boy, not Merlin."

Sirius scoffed. "Merlin wishes."

Jenna rolled her eyes, trying to suppress her smile as they finally reached their Portkey again and in a matter of minutes, returned back to the Potter Manor.

"That was a fine game," said Mr. Potter as they were making their way through the garden and inside the house.

     "Meh, not bad," Mrs. Potter shrugged.

     "Not bad?" Mr. Potter repeated in disbelief. "What, you think you could do better than that?"

      "There were a few clear shots for the chasers that they missed! I could've easily done that."

     "Oh, please," Mr. Potter scoffed as they were now inside. "You couldn't have won a match against me, let alone an international player."

     "Is that a challenge?" Mrs. Potter raised a brow.

     Nobody moved as they glanced between the couple, who were looking at one another intently, daring each other to speak with their eyes.

      "Mia, I thought we had settle that argument years ago back at school."

      "No, we didn't end the argument," said Mrs. Potter stubbornly. "You chickened out of it!"

     "Well, we can end it once and for all, right here, right now."

     "Oh, you're on, Potter."

     There was a pause as they narrowed their eyes at each other in silence, but then —

     "Are we having lunch now, or..." Marlene started awkwardly and broke the intense, looking around the room.

     "We can have lunch after a nice clean little match," said Mrs. Potter. "After I prove this old man who's a better captain."

     "Old man?" Mr. Potter repeated, looking highly offended. "Okay, first of, how dare you. Second... how dare you!"

     "What? Are you gonna chicken out again?"

     "C-course not," he shook a hand. "There are ten of us; we can split up. We have enough brooms for all of us."

     "Then you're on," Mrs. Potter grinned. "Go on children. Change and come down so we can choose teams."

     "Oh, I'm not playing," Lily shook her head quickly.

     "M-me neither," Peter squeaked. "I'm scared of heights."

     "All right." Mrs. Potter shrugged. "Then we will play four on four."

      By that, all of them went upstairs to change into more suitable clothes for the game they were going to have in a few minutes in their yard.

     But the moment Jenna walked inside her room, she came to a halt when she found a letter laying on her bed, a name written on the back of it which read,

Albus Dumbledore