Chapter 41

"We can't fit under this," said Jenna, pointing at her dad's cloak. "It will be like four set of feet wandering around."

"Then we'll give the person seeing it a good laugh," James grinned. "C'mon then. It's almost dark."

"Or, you know... I could just turn myself into one of the teachers," Jenna suggested mischievously. "So you guys can fit under it without me."

"Woah! You can do that!?" Peter exclaimed excitedly.

"Try not to wet your pants, Wormtail," James joked. "She's been practicing over summer. Almost gave Mum and Dad a heart attack by turning herself into the Minister of Magic and claiming that he was there to ask Mum to marry him."

"Yeah," Jenna giggled at the memory. "But I had to turn myself back quickly; Dad almost cursed me."

"I thought we weren't allowed to use magic outside of school," said Peter, looking confused and puzzled as he frowned.

"Being a Metamorphmagus doesn't count as that kind of magic," Jenna reasoned. "I don't need a wand for it. It's a part of me. They can't expel me for it."

"Wicked!" Peter gasped in awe. "But — why haven't you done it before? I-if it were me, I would change myself into different people all the time!"

"Yeah, Jenna," James started, turning to her. "Why haven't you? Do you have any idea how many cool pranks we could pull on!?"

"I wanted to," said Jenna defensively. "But I knew Lily would kill me if I did. She can be really scary sometimes."

Sirius scoffed grumpily at that and rolled his eyes, mumbling something bitterly to himself.

"Dad would be really ashamed of you for giving up such opportunity for legendary pranks!" said James, ignoring Sirius's moodiness. "Oh, imagine turning into Dumbledore and telling Snivellus he's been expelled for not showering for over a month!"

Peter clapped a hand over his mouth, trying to muffle out his laughter, though was unsuccessful. But Sirius didn't even smile.

"Okay, what's the matter with you, Padfoot!?" said James feverishly. "That joke would've killed a few days ago!"

"Oh, cut the guy some slack, J.P," Jenna sneered, looking sideways at Sirius. "He's just broken up with his girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" James repeated and turned to face Sirius, his lip curling. "But I thought you said you and Jones had both agreed that you were just —"

Sirius started coughing loudly, muffling out James's voice as his eyes widened with horror.

"Er — right," Jenna said awkwardly. "Who should I turn into, anyway?"

"How about Filch for a start?" James suggested with a grin. "Imagine flirting with McGonagall as him."

"I like how your evil brain works, little bro,"

     "I'm eleven minutes older than you!" James hissed, but Jenna ignored him as she closed her eyes and focused, trying to turn into Filch.

     James, Sirius, and Peter watched her warily as her blue hair turned brown and greasy, her teeth became crooked, and after some while, she had finally managed to change her appearance successfully to Filch.

     "Awesome!" Peter cried out, his eyes widened in excitement as James laughed at Jenna.

    "Don't you look sexy, Mr. Filch," James sniggered and then turned to the boys, saying, "Well, let's get under the cloak, then."

     The three of them vanished under the invisibility cloak and so led by the imposter caretaker, they headed towards the grounds.

     They had nearly reached the Entrance Hall that a stern voice behind them called, "Mr. Filch!"

Gulping, Jenna turned around at the voice and she had to hold back a snort as she ironically saw Professor McGonagall just as James had said.

Jenna's gaze automatically fell over where she knew the boys were under the cloak beside her, trying to see if their feet were visible. But thankfully, they had covered up well.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall!" said Jenna cheerfully in Filch's voice. "How lovely you look this evening!"

McGonagall glared at her and she heard one of the boys face-palm at that.

"Mr. Filch, a set of Dungbombs have been set free near the Owlery and I should believe that it was Peeves," said McGonagall sternly, obviously not in the mood. "I'm sure you'll look into it?"

"Of course," Jenna nodded weakly. "Goodnight," she said, but couldn't resist the urge and finally winked at McGonagall.

She gave the fake Filch a nasty look before disappearing around the corridor, mumbling angrily under her breath.

"Well, someone's getting laid tonight," James said with a snort from under the cloak.

"Shut up, J.P."

"Or what? You'll sweep me, Mr. Flirty Filch?"

***

The full moon was already out by the time they reached the Whomping Willow. On cue, Peter turned into a rat an ran forward, pushing the knot and immobilizing the tree.

      By one last nod at each other, the four of them went inside the tree and one by one, they turned into a stag, a black dog, and a ginger cat.

     After long minutes of walking, the four finally reached the Shrieking Shack where they were greeted with growls of pain from upstairs.

     Gulping, Jenna followed the other three upstairs where Remus was now in his wolf shape, scratching and biting himself as he laid in a corner.

     But the moment he laid eyes on the four animals, he immediately felt calmer, staring up at them and sniffing through.

     Jenna felt great pain that her friend had to go through this, but was happy that she could at least be there for him.

     The four of them kept the werewolf company for an hour or two until James suggested that they should leave the Shrieking Shack once more to explore the grounds, and just then did Jenna find out that they did this every full moon since the end of last year.

     And so, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, went off towards the grounds, accompanied by Crookshanks.