Chapter 17

As soon as Jenna had tried to open the door, it made a cracking noise, grabbing the attention of every creature inside.

     Next moment, the werewolf howled and Jenna saw him leap forward dangerously.

     "AAARGH!" She screamed, dropping herself down on the ground. She shut her eyes close in fear and waited for it to attack, but the pain never came.

     Everything happened so fast;

    She was on the floor, the room looking larger to her for some reason. The werewolf was inches away from her before it stopped in his tracks. But the next moment, the stag ran forward and hit the wolf, throwing him painfully away.

     The werewolf growled as it hit the wall to the right, but didn't get up anymore, looking as if it were knocked off.

     Jenna stood up, but the room and the animals in it looked so much larger to her as she stared around. Or rather, she had become smaller.

     The stag made an angry sound, but somehow Jenna understood what it said,

     "What are you doing here!?"

     The next moment the big black dog barked, and Jenna understood him yet again saying, "How did you do that!?"

     How could she understand the dog and the stag? And why was she so short all of a sudden and couldn't get up on her feet?

     But when she looked down to see what was going on and why she couldn't stand up, instead of seeing her hands and feet, she saw four ginger fury paws.

     She tried to yelp out, but her voice was different. It sounded like a small animal hissing.

     Jenna looked around her in horror; the werewolf was still passed out next to the wall and the stag, dog, and rat were staring down at her.

     The rat gave a squeak that Jenna knew meant, "Awesome! Look at her tail!"

     "Jenna, you didn't tell us you could turn too!" The dog barked.

     But the stag looked angrier still as it grunted, "You weren't supposed to be here! You could've died!"

     "WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Jenna tried to tell but it came out as another hiss.

     Then, all of a sudden, the three animals one by one leaped on and the next moment they transformed into humans.

     There stood James, Sirius, and Peter as Jenna stared up at them in horror.

     "You can turn back, too," said James gently. "Just focus, and transform yourself back."

     She felt as though she was having a nightmare, but either way, she focused as she was told, thinking about turning herself back to human.

     She felt her body growing a bit painfully and next thing she knew, she was on all fours on her hands and knees.

    "Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God!" She yelped as she quickly tried to stand up on her two feet.

     But she felt so dizzy all of a sudden that she nearly dropped back on the ground. But Sirius had already leapt forward and caught her in mid air.

     "Woah, be careful there," said Sirius, supporting her to stand back up.

     James was glaring daggers at her direction before he said sharply, "What in Merlin's pants do you think you're doing here!?"

     "Me!? What are you doing here!?" Jenna retorted loudly. "And what is the meaning of this!? You – you were a stag!" She then pointed at Sirius in horror, "And you were a freaking dog!"

     "Now, now, Jenny," Sirius shook his hand with a grin, "I know I have my way with the ladies, but that's no reason to insult me and call me a dog."

     He laughed but his humor was ignored by Jenna as she smacked him on the arm.

     "This is not a joke, Black!" Jenna snapped. "Tell me what's going on now!"

     But before anyone could say anything, she pointed at Peter, "I saw you transform into a rat outside, then you all came in after Madam Pomfrey had left. And where is Rem–?"

     She stopped in mid sentence, her gaze slowly traveling towards where the werewolf laid unconscious on the floor.

     "Is that – oh, God – is that Remus!?" She ran her hands through her hair, starting to freak out. "Oh, Merlin – holy Crap! THAT'S REMUS!"

     "JENNA! CALM THE HECK DOWN!" James yelled, pacing towards Jenna and grabbing onto her shoulders, shaking her in hopes of getting her back to her senses. "It's alright!"

     "It's not alright! That's Remus!"

     "We know! Now get it together, woman!" James snapped. "I can explain everything! Just calm down!"

     Breathing heavily in and out, Jenna pulled away out of her brother's grasp. "Fine."

     The three boys glanced around at each other awkwardly before James started to explain everything in a calm voice,

   "It all started from second year. Remus kept disappearing almost once a month, and every time he came up with a different excuse; like his mother was sick, or he had to go buy something, or he was ill. So we got curious and we followed him here."

      "Remus was devastated when we found out about him," said Sirius. "He thought that we didn't want to be friends with him anymore because of his condition and tried to push us away. But we came up with an idea to instead of deserting him, we could accompany him during the full moon."

     "Yeah," Peter nodded. "We spent a long time trying to figure how to become... you know... A-animagi. We even had to keep a mandrake leaf under our tongue for a whole month in our third year! It was terrible." He shuddered.

     "Well, that explains a lot," Jenna mumbled, remembering how they used to talk weirdly for the majority of third year, as though they always had something in their mouths.

     "We finally managed to perfect the spell last year," said James. "And then we were all able to transform into animals. I'm the stag – Prongs; Sirius's the dog – Padfoot; and Peter a rat – Wormtail."

     "Then Remus... that's why you call him Moony." Jenna muttered.

     "Alright, now that you know about us," Sirius started, "can you now tell us since when you can transform into a fluffy ginger cat?"