Chapter 93

Jenna stared at Sirius with widened eyes, no idea how she was going to respond to that.

       "I — I mean if you want," said Sirius, shrugging. "No pressure. I know it's too soon and we've only been going out for a few months. But there's still time to think this over until summer. And even if you don't want to — you can always come and visi—"

       But Jenna cut him off as she leaned forward and pressed her lips against his, pulling away after a short kiss with a smile.

        "I would love to move in with you," she said and by those words, Sirius's grin widened.

      "Really?"

      "Really," she nodded. "Although, I'm not sure how my parents will react."

       "Which is why I think we should wait until the school year's completely over," said Sirius. "So they can have time to at least get over the fact that we are dating."

        "Yeah, but let's not tell James anything yet," Jenna grimaced. "You saw how things went this time. I'll ask my parents over summer. Hopefully their reaction would be better this time."

***

The days were passing by quicker than any of them had thought. Soon, all of them were running all over the house, trying to help Mr. and Mrs. Potter with the preparation of their Christmas party, which would take place the next day.

        Sirius, James, and Jenna had all gathered in the hall, decorating the Christmas tree.

       "Dunno why you don't just use magic," said James, turning on Sirius. "You're finally of age. Might as well take advantage of that, instead of putting on these ornaments with hands like us."

       "I'm enjoying this, actually..." Sirius started hesitantly while putting a red ornament up on the tree. "Cause, you know... I've never really done this before."

       "What?" James and Jenna exclaimed together, turning to face him.

       "What do you mean? You've never decorated a Christmas tree before?" Jenna asked, frowning lightly.

       "It's more of the fact that we never celebrated Christmas back at home," said Sirius, shrugging casually.

        "You — you can't just not celebrate Christmas!" James protested. "It's Christmas!"

       "Not at our house," he said wearily. "I mean, it's never been a family thing. I always shut myself up in my room. My dear mother kept yelling. I turned up the music to muffle her out. She screamed more. And that's what Christmas has been for me all these years."

       "Well, then let's make this Christmas a memorable one, shall we?" said Jenna with a smile, holding up the ornaments' box and they all took a few, hanging them on the tree.

       Even though the tree didn't look good enough for the party and Mickey had to reorganize it at Mrs. Potter's orders, the three were still happy with their outcome either way.

      Mrs. Potter then called them for some hot coco after they were done so they could have a break. But as James went into the kitchen, Jenna took a hold of Sirius's sleeve and dragged him back.

      "What?" He raised a brow at her.

       "You wanna go out for a walk?" Jenna asked with a mischievous smile.