Chapter 112

As promised, Sirius went to visit the Potters every Sunday for lunch and Mr. and Mrs. Potter spared no expense in making him feel welcomed, treating him like a part of their family.

Throughout the summer, for a few days at the beginning, Lily came to stay over much to Jenna's delight, and of course James's.

It was a matter of interest even to his parents how James was managing to behave so differently around her, and of course it didn't go unnoticed by Jenna how Lily laughed at his jokes and blushed whenever he talked to her.

Even though Lily soon had to leave, the rest of their summer vacation was rather enjoyable, playing Quidditch all day long and going back inside for a fresh cold lemonade that Mickey had made them.

But before they knew it, the summer slowly was coming to an end as August arrived.

It was another Sunday and Sirius had joined them once again. Mr. and Mrs. Potter had gone to take an afternoon nap after lunch, meanwhile James, Sirius, and Jenna were sitting in the living room, playing a game Exploding Snaps on the floor.

"Is that an owl?" Jenna suddenly said, her gaze wandering toward the window.

"It must be our Hogwarts letters," said James, putting his cards down and standing up to open the window.

Moments later, the owl flew inside, carrying three letters with its beak. James took the letters from the school owl and so it flew away back out of the window.

"Here," said James, handing Sirius and Jenna their letters while they were still sitting on the floor.

"Ugh, so many new books that are gonna be of no use," said Sirius with a huff, putting down his letter. "They should be teaching us more useful stuff. What help is Potions gonna do?"

"You could've just dropped it," said Jenna with a shrug. "And what good will Astronomy do to you? Why would you even still take that class?"

"Because it's fun!"

"What part of knowing the stars' names is f —?"

"What's this?" James said suddenly with a frown, cutting her off.

"What?" Jenna asked, looking up at her brother who was standing near them, staring down at something he had taken out of his envelope.

He then rolled his eyes and lowered his envelope to look coldly at Sirius. "Haha, very funny, Padfoot," he said blankly.

"What?" Sirius raised a brow at him.

"You used to be more creative with your pranks," James told him. "What happened to the old classic ones?"

"What are you talking about?" Sirius frowned, standing up and walking over him, looking down at what James was holding in his hand. "Wait — I didn't send that. Jenna, is this your doing? He's right, it's not too creative. A classic Dungbomb would've been better."

"I didn't send anything!" Jenna retorted, watching Sirius and James glance at each other questioningly.

With that, she stood up as well and walked over where the two boys were standing and looked down more closely at what was in James's hand.

Her eyes suddenly widened when she saw a shiny Head Boy's badge.

"Well, that can't be right..." she said in a hollow voice, all three of them staring at the badge.

"Maybe it was meant to be sent to Moony," said Sirius. "I thought only Prefects could make Heads."

"Maybe they choose Heads separately." Jenna shrugged, yet she wasn't still over the shock either.

"But Prongs has always been in detentions with me!" said Sirius loudly.

"Not last year, he wasn't," Jenna tried to reason.

"What's with all the noise?" They all turned around as they heard Fleamont Potter walking down the stairs and into the living room.

At his sight, James gulped and promptly placed the badge in his pocket.

"Oh, great, your letters arrived?" he asked, yawning. "We can go get your books next week. I need to get some money from Gringotts, anyway."

They said nothing, glancing around at one another awkwardly.

"Okay, what's wrong with you kids?" Mr. Potter asked, looking between them with furrowed brows.

"Why don't you ask Mr. Head Boy here?" Jenna finally said with a grin, gesturing at James, who turned to glare at her.

"Head — what?" Mr. Potter raised a brow at him. "Seriously, what is it?"

"Your perfect son received a Head Boy's badge, that's what's going on," Jenna continued, moving away from James toward a safe long distance so he wouldn't tackle her.

"He — what!?" Mr. Potter exclaimed, looking as if someone had slapped him in the face.

"What is going on down there?" Mrs. Potter's voice rang from upstairs, her footsteps approaching them.

"James has become the new Head Boy!" said Mr. Potter angrily.

"Oh, Godric," Mrs. Potter gasped, placing a hand on her heart as she looked over at James with widened eyes. "Is it true?"

James grinned, taking the badge out of his pocket and showing it to them.

"Oh, this is wonderful!" Mrs. Potter clapped her hands together, going forward and bringing him to a bone -crushing hug as Sirius and Jenna sniggered behind them.

"This is not wonderful!" Mr. Potter said moodily, before turning to face James. "I though we'd talked about this! Prefects are losers!"

"Oh, Fleamont," Mrs. Potter pulled away from James and rolled her eyes at him, "just because they didn't make you one, doesn't make it a bad thing. No need to be all sad about it."

"Excuse you! But I wasn't sad that I wasn't made a prefect — even though I would've made a great spot for it!"

"A great spot?" Mrs. Potter repeated with a scoff. "Oh, please. You kept going in corridors, hexing anyone who thought your name was funny!"

"Well, they deserved what they got for laughing at it," he said grumpily, folding his arms.

Mrs. Potter just shook her head at him before turning to face James again. "We're very proud of you, Jamesie-boy. Both of us," she added the last part with a warning glare at her husband.

"Fine, but you're not allowed to come around me for some while," said Fleamont jokingly, pointing a finger at James. "I only sit with the cool kids."