Chapter 29

Just then, a nice couple walked forward, greeting Mr. and Mrs. Potter They were dressed like proper Muggles, unlike Jenna's parents who had done it terribly.

    "Oh, hi," Mrs. Potter smiled broadly, shaking the woman's hands. "You must be Lily's parents."

     "Yes, yes, we are," Mrs. Evan smiled just as wide, her eyes then falling on Jenna. "Hello, Jenna."

      "Hello, Mrs. Evans," Jenna waved politely, having met Lily's parents before in the station.

     Lily's mother then looked over James and grinned. "And you must be the young James Potter. Lily's told me all about you."

     By those words, James went pale. "Wait – what?" he said, his jaw dropping.

     But before he could get an explanation, Lily ran through the barrier and onto the Muggle part of King's Cross station, bringing her parents into a warm hug and then greeting Mr. and Mrs. Potter politely.

     Lily looked around her parents hopefully, but became disappointed when she saw that her sister had failed to come after her this year as well.

     "Thank you so much for inviting Jenna over for Christmas break," said Mrs. Potter.

     "Of course! Jenna's just like one of our own daughters," said Mr. Evans, and then turned to Lily and Jenna, saying, "Ready to go, girls?"

     The two nodded and said their final goodbyes to the Potters, following Mr. and Mrs. Evans out of the train station.

     "So tell me, Jenna," Mrs. Evans started. "Have you ever been to our kinds' house?"

     "She means Muggles," Lily whispered in Jenna's ear and she giggled.

     "Not really, Mrs. Evans," she replied. "But it's a first time for everything."

     But the first time turned out to be quiet some shock as she accompanied the Evans family to the Muggle world.

     She didn't really mind the car, even though it was her first time getting on one, but the real surprises started to take place when they reached their house.

     "Make yourself at home, sweetheart," said Mrs. Evans kindly when they walked inside their house. "Lily, why don't you show Jenna to your room."

     "Yes, mum," said Lily gladly, gesturing for Jenna to follow her upstairs as they carried their trunks with them.

     "I hope you don't mind staying in my room," said Lily, opening the door. "Petunia's boyfriend is coming to stay over for a few days too, and my parents are giving the guest room to him."

     "It's alright," Jenna grinned, walking into the room and looking around with excitement.

     She put her trunk down in a corner and walked around the room, observing every inch of it brightly.

     But she came to a halt when she came upon the pictures of Lily and her family on the wall.

     Confused, Jenna tapped on them a few times. "Hey, Lil?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Why the heck aren't these pictures moving?"

      Lily chuckled, walking towards her friend. "Jenna, honey, people aren't really supposed to move in Muggle pictures."

"But – but won't they get bored in it?"

"No," Lily laughed. "They don't feel a thing."

     "Poor lads," Jenna pouted sadly but then shrugged.

     "My dad will bring you a sleeping bag after dinner," said Lily. "The bathroom is down the hall, if you wanted tot take a shower."

"Thanks," said Jenna, making a move to go outside.

"Oh, and Jenna," Lily called out to her causing her to stop.

"Yeah?"

"A bit of warning," she started awkwardly. "Petunia tends to get a little weird around... you know... our kind. And her boyfriend, Vernon, doesn't know about the Wizarding world at all. So when he comes, please be careful not to say or do anything in front him."

"I won't."

"That means no pranking him," said Lily with authority, pointing a warning finger at Jenna.

"What if it's in an non-magical way?" Jenna suggested hopefully with a grin.

"No, Jenna."

"Fine. Don't worry, Lil. I'll behave myself." said Jenna, but something about her mischievous grin worried Lily either way.

     After the two girls took turns in showering and got ready, Mrs. Evans called them down for dinner.

      When they entered the dining room, there was a girl around their age sitting at the table, looking grim and bitter.

     "Hi," Jenna went forward, raising her hand for Petunia to shake. "I'm Jenna,"

     "Freak," the girl mumbled under her breath.

      "Tuney!" Lily gasped but Jenna shook her hand at her, saying that it was alright.

Although she threw a nasty glance at Petunia, noting to herself that she was going to get her for this.

     Only James was allowed to call her a freak.

Jenna looked around the room curiously; no one was in the mirrors, the kettle wasn't whistling, the tea pot wasn't hiccuping, and the spoons and forks seemed perfectly still just like the pictures.

None of that freaked Jenna out, but she shrieked when what looked like a big black box behind her was suddenly turned on, showing moving scenes. Not pictures. Scenes.

"What on earth is that?" Jenna yepled, pointing at the weird box.

"Calm down, Jenna," Lily giggled. "That's just a Television."

"A tele-what-now?" Jenna raised a brow, her eyes fixed on it, which was very different from their moving pictures.

"Oh, wait to see a Computer," said Lily with glee, saying it mostly to herself.

Jenna shivered. "I don't think I even wanna know what that one is."