Chapter 50

Throughout the next week, both teams booked the Quidditch pitch everyday; Hufflepuffs in the afternoon, and Gryffindors playing for the majority of the evenings.

Jenna was working her team tirelessly, determined to win the Cup this year, knowing that it was essential if she wanted to become a professional Quidditch player after Hogwarts.

     She was rather confident when it came to her team, but as the night before the game fell upon them, Jenna started to grow nervous.

     She sat in the Common Room by and couch near the firplace with her face buried in her palms.

But her head shot up when she heard someone say softly beside her, "Jenny? You okay?"

Glancing up, she saw Sirius standing before her, his hands in his pocket as he looked down at her.

"Yeah," Jenna nodded casually.

Sirius gave her a small smile before sitting down next to her on the couch. "James asked me to tell you that if you're stressed out for tomorrow, you can stay behind tonight. Remus would understand."

"Nah, it's fine," Jenna shook it off. "Why couldn't James tell me himself?"

Sirius grinned. "He's up in our dorm, styling his hair."

"What?" Jenna raised a brow. "What is he styling his stupid head for? He's turning himself into a stag tonight. What difference is it gonna make?"

"Try telling him that," he scoffed. "I told him he was spending too much time in front of the mirror and he cursed me off, so I messed up his hair."

"What?" Jenna groaned. "Now he'd be up there for another extra ten minutes because of you! Are you mad?"

Sirius grinned. "Barking."

Jenna stared at him blankly, shaking her head.

"What? It was funny!" he laughed.

    Jenna just gave him a look.

    "Fine. I'll just never speak again," he said grumpily, folding his arms and rolling his eyes.

Jenna chuckled. "You're so dramatic."

"Am not!"

"If you say so," she grinned, patting his head playfully, to which Sirius immediately smiled.

     "Ah, yes," he sighed in satisfaction, leaning into her hand. "Keep doing that."

     Jenna chuckled as he suddenly laid down and placed his head on her lap, looking up at her pleadingly.

     "You're something else, Black," Jenna giggled, playing with his elegant hair and Sirius closed his eyes, humming to himself, making her laugh.

     But the moment they heard the door to the boys' dormitory open, Sirius jumped up and sat as away from Jenna on the couch as possible.

     Moments later, James came downstairs as they had thought, with Peter following him right behind.

     "What's up?" he asked, looking between the two suspiciously, but when they shrugged innocently, he said, "Better get going now."

     "Yeah," said Jenna awkwardly, standing up with Sirius and walking out of the Common Room.

     By the time they had made their way towards the Whomping Willow, the full moon was already out.

     Peter then turned into a rat and ran up to the tree as always, touching the knot on its root and immediately making it become immobilized.

     Sirius was grinning broadly for some reason as him and James entered the tree after Jenna, all three of them still in their human forms.

     They walked the long tunnel out of Hogwarts and nearing the Shrieking Shack, that suddenly Sirius stopped, crossing his arms and leaning against the tunnel.

     "Why are you stopping?" James raised a brow.

     "You guys go on," said Sirius, smirking. "I'd rather stay here."

      "Well, you better turn into a dog soon, Padfoot," said James. "You know Moony would attack you while you're human. We don't want his conscious eating him alive. You know how he is."

     "I'll join you guys later," he said, still grinning, and so James shrugged, gesturing Jenna and Peter to follow him.

     They hadn't walked more than a minute and were just about to turn back into their animal forms that they came to a halt.

     "Who the heck is that!?" said James in horror, pointing at a thin figure nearing the Shack, where they could already hear growls.

     "Merlin..." Jenna gasped, her eyes widening. "That's Snape!"

     "Oh, no..." James muttered in a hollow voice, running towards Snape as he was just about to open up the door to where Remus was locked up.

     Everything happened at once; Severus raised his wand and unlocked the door, the Werewolf inside got a glimpse of him, Snape fell back down with a yelp and James ran towards him, taking a hold of his robes and pulling him up in horror.

     Snape was shrieking as James ran and carried him away with him as the werewolf made a jump to run towards them.

     Without thinking, Jenna transformed into a cat, ran forward, and bit the Werewolf's leg.

     Growling in pain, the werewolf jerked towards her, distracted from the running boys. But just then, as he had become irritated, the werewolf angrily hit the cat and threw her against the wall.

And the next moment, just as soon as it had all happened, the world went dark to Jenna's eyes.