Chapter 138

For the next hour, the new members of the Order merely sat around the table in silence, listening to the elders go back and forth as they argued and tried to come up with strategies.

It was a weird feeling for Jenna, being in a room full of people she looked up to her whole life; from her parents and Dumbledore, to Alastor Moody, Edgar Bones, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, and many others.

There were also many faces they'd never known before, such as Mundugus Fletcher or Arabella Figg, who was surprisingly a squib.

"I'm telling you," Elphias Doge started, "they have many people under the Imperius Curse at the Ministry. They're trying to take over. It's not wise to recruit any more people into the Order from the Ministry!"

"At this point it doesn't really matter whether you work at the Ministry or not," Dorcas Meadowes retorted. "Everyone's a traget; not just the Ministry workers. In fact, I think the more skilled Aurors we have on our side, the better."

"Constant vigilance is important," Moody growled. "We can't trust everybody that greets us politely. Or have you forgotten what happened to Benjy Fenwick? We only found bits of what was left of him."

This was the second name they had heard in that single meeting, announcing an Order member's recent death. But they talked about it as if it were a small injury, even though they were all brutally murdered.

"Well, there are a few young Aurors who have been meaning to join," said Caradoc Dearborn. "Including the Longbottom boy. He's very skilled, even though he's only joined the Magical Law Enforcement Department a few years ago."

"Frank?" Alice exclaimed before she could stop herself. Many pairs of eyes fell on her curiously, causing her to go red in the face and look down shyly. "I-I'm sorry."

"It's quite all right." Dumbledore smiled at her. "We're here to know your opinion as well."

Lily gave Alice an encouraging smile from across the table, and so Alice nodded, saying, "Frank once told me that his greatest ambition was to rid the world of all the horrible things that's been going on, or at least try to help and to give a stop to people's suffering. He's a good man. I trust him with my life."

"Thank you, miss Fortescue." Dumbledore nodded at her, before turning to face the others. "When the world is at war, we mustn't fight among ourselves. Trust, is the key. We mustn't turn our backs on one another."

For the rest of the meeting, the Order went on discussing Death Eater's newest actions, or predicting what their next step would be, so they could prevent it.

Jenna and her friends were rather disappointed when the meeting came to an end. They hadn't been sent on a mission, nor did they get to find out anything top-secret, other than harsh news of disappeared bodies.

Soon everyone got to their feet to leave, but Jenna was stopped when someone cleared their throat from behind her to get her attention.

Turning around, Jenna saw a blond wizard standing behind her, looking almost her age, but perhaps only a few years older.

"Hello." He smiled down at her charmingly. "You're Jenna Potter, right?"

"Er... yes." Jenna nodded hesitantly. "I'm sorry... I don't know your name."

"Sturgis Podmore," said the blond man, shaking her hand gently. "I remember you from Hogwarts. We never really got to talking; I was three years ahead of you. Though, now I do wish that we had gotten to know each other better."

"Oh... er... right." Jenna gave him a polite smile, not sure what else she was supposed to say.

But she was saved from the awkwardness when Sirius suddenly came forward, placing a protective hand on her lower back softly, as if to show who she was with.

"Ready to go, Kitten?" Sirius said, his voice huskier that usual.

"Y-yes." Jenna nodded before waving lightly at Podmore, leaving the headquarters with Sirius.

"What did blondly want?" Sirius questioned bitterly when they got back to their flat.

"Who? Podmore?" said Jenna, shrugging. "Just saying hi. Said he remembered me from Hogwarts, but never got the chance to talk to me there."

Sirius nodded and let the matter go, but for some reason, he became slightly moody for some while. And from that day on, whenever there was a meeting, he made sure to keep an eye on Podmore.

***

Throughout the next week, they had all learned the trick of communicating with Patronuses, just like how Dumbledore had.

Jenna was alone in the flat that day. As she thought back at all the people Moody had named who had gone missing or were brutally killed, Jenna came to realize that she wasn't as tough as she thought she would me.

All day long she sat in the living room, staring at nowhere as she waited for Sirius, who had said he wanted to go shopping hours ago, but still hadn't returned.

Jenna felt sick in her stomach as horrifying pictures of Sirius's dead body being found made their way over her head.

It was nearly already dark when Jenna jumped to her feet as the door to their house opened and Sirius walked inside with a grin on his lips.

"Oh, thank God you're all right," Jenna sighed in relief, walking toward him. But the moment she reached him, she punched him in the arm. "Where the hell have you been!? I was worried sick!"

"I told you, I went to buy something," said Sirius, still smiling happily to himself.

"From where? France!? Why did it take you so long?" Jenna glared at him. "And where is this thing you've bought?"

"Outside."

"Outside?" Jenna repeated, raising a curious brow at him. "Why?"

"Because it's too big to bring in."

"Ugh, Sirius, what did you do?" Jenna asked him anxiously, not sure if she wanted to know the answer.

"C'mon, let me show you," Sirius said excitedly, taking a hold of her hand and dragging her out of the house.

But the moment they stepped outside, Jenna's eyes widened and she let out a small gasp when she saw a huge motorbike parked there, looking magnificent under the moonlight.