Chapter 154

***

***

Jenna took a step back in surprise as she stared down at Sirius with the Snitch still in her hand.

      "I feel like I should be the one holding on to that, now come to think of it," Sirius chuckled, raising his hand to take the Golden Snitch from Jenna's hand, still down on one knee. "Well, Jenny?"

      "Sirius..." Jenna said in a hollow voice, her eyes widened. "I — I don't know what to say..."

      "You can say 'yes'." Sirius grinned up at her.

       "I-I want to say yes — I really do — but my like is too unpredictable right now —"

      "— I don't care —"

       "— and God knows when I'm supposed to leave for my mission —"

      "— I don't care —"

     "— and we're only nineteen and —!"

      "— I don't care!" Sirius broke her off, getting up to his feet and leaving the Snitch and the ring inside it on the ground, the rain still pouring mercilessly on them. "You keep saying all these excuses, but all I actually heard was at the beginning when you said 'I want to say yes'."

      "Sirius —" Jenna was trying to say, but she was cut off when he suddenly sprang forward and placed his hands on both sides of her face, bringing her into a deep kiss.

     When he finally pulled away, they were both out of breath. He looked down into her eyes, still smiling. "Will you marry me?"

     The pouring rain was muffling out the sound of their own breathings. Jenna blinked at him as he held her close to him, losing herself in his grey eyes, until she finally nodded.

      "Yes."

      Sirius's smile widened and not a moment later, he leaned in and almost crashed his lips against hers again, kissing her hard.

      Without breaking the kiss, he started to take steps forward until her back hit the wall of the house. Sirius ran his hands through her hair as the kiss deepened.

      The next moment, a light gasp escaped Jenna's mouth when Sirius suddenly got a hold of her and picked her up. Jenna wrapped her legs around his legs as he slammed her back against the wall again, kissing her passionately.

      But Jenna pulled away, panting. "Sirius — the ring."

      "Oh! Right!" Sirius shook his head in realization and put Jenna back down on her feet as she laughed, going to pick up the Snitch off the ground.

      He then returned back to Jenna with a grin playing at the edge of his lips as he took out the ring from inside it and then dropped the Snitch back on the ground.

       "Say that you'll marry me," he said, gazing down at her and holding onto the ring.

      "I already said yes—" But she was again cut off when Sirius kissed her again.

      "I want to hear you say it," said Sirius when he slightly pulled away, his lips now only an inch away from hers.

      "I'll marry you, you git!" Jenna laughed.

     Sirius chuckled, taking her hand in his and placing the ring on her finger as they both smiled and so he leaned down once more, pecking her on the lips.

"So..." Sirius grinned, pulling slightly away. "Wanna take this upstairs?"

***

Jenna woke up early the next day on her old bed with the biggest smile on her face and Sirius's arm wrapped around her waist like always.

She then turned around on the spot to find Sirius peacefully asleep right beside her, breathing in and out calmly.

"Sirius," Jenna whispered, raising her hand to move a strand of his black hair from his face. "Wake up."

"Go away," Sirius mumbled sleepily, but tightened his grip around Jenna's waist and pulled her closer to his chest.

"Wake up," she said again, trying to pull away from his grip and push his arm away, but Sirius wouldn't budge.

But at last, when Sirius went back to sleep, Jenna finally managed to get away from him and get off the bed.

Jenna then left her old room to go around the house, checking and seeing that her parents still weren't home yet.

So returning back to their room, Jenna pulled aside the curtains to let the light come in, to which Sirius let out a groan and pulled the covers up to his face.

"So you're not going to wake up?" Jenna asked him, folding her arms.

"No." Sirius's reply came in a muffled voice.

"Fine," said Jenna, smiling slyly to herself before sighing mockingly. "I was actually going to take a shower and wanted to ask you to join me. Guess that's not gonna happen now..."

Sirius's head jolted up at those words and he snapped awake.

But it was too late, because Jenna had already gone into the bathroom inside her room and closed its door behind her.

Grinning handsomely, Sirius stretched his arms and got out of bed, walking toward the bathroom. He then reached out for its knob to open the door, but saw that it locked.

"Jenny, you do know that there's this simple spell called 'Alohomora', right?" said Sirius as he leaned against the bathroom door. "I can easily unlock this door with my wand."

"Go ahead, then." He heard Jenna say from behind the closed door.

"Stubborn woman," Sirius muttered under his breath and then shaking his head, Sirius went to grab his wand.

     But after long minutes of pointless searching, Sirius came to the conclusion that Jenna had taken his and her own wand into the bathroom with herself.

"Very clever, Jenny! Really amusing!" he called out loudly, huffing to himself grumble as he heard her chuckle and then the shower opened and he heard the water streaming.

Of course Jenna wouldn't complain if he did actually join her, but that didn't mean she wouldn't give him a hard time beforehand.

But just then, a smirk crept through Sirius's face as an idea popped into his head. So with that, he walked toward the desk inside the room, where his jacket was laying. And so he dug into its pocket, taking out the magical penknife that Jenna had given him for his birthday a few years ago.

The same penknife that could open any lock.