Chapter 09

The loud cheers of Gryffindors erupted the Quidditch field as Jenna held up the snitch triumphantly. The rest of team flew downward and landed next to her, patting Jenna proudly on the back.

As the crowd started to leave the stands and return to their common rooms, the team's players went to their separate locker rooms.

"Marlene you did amazing!" Jenna told her after they had changed.

"Meh, me and your other chaser each only got one in." she shrugged. "James scored us forty points."

"Yeah, he was great." Jenna smiled proudly, even though she was never going to admit it to James himself. He was already cocky enough as it was.

Just then, the door to the girls' locker room opened and Lily and Alice burst in happily, taking turns to hug Jenna and Marlene.

"You guys were amazing out there!" said Lily brightly.

"Thanks," Jenna nodded. "I'm so glad you both came to watch the match."

"Of course! We wouldn't have missed it for the world!" said Alice kindly, giving Jenna another tight hug.

"Anyway," Lily started, "they're throwing a party in the common room. You better hurry. They're waiting for you."

"Oh, I love that they throw parties each time we win!" Marlene clapped her hands together excitedly. "There is always a lot of snacks!"

"Which reminds me," said Jenna, "I better go and find James and Sirius. They could help me get the snacks from the kitchen. You guys go up. I'll catch up with you later."

They all nodded and made their way back to the castle, meanwhile Jenna walked towards the boys' locker room.

"Hey, Clint." Jenna smiled at the sixth year Gryffindor keeper as he walked out of the locker room.

"Hey, Captain." He grinned teasingly. "Nice game."

"Yeah, good job!" Jenna nodded brightly. "Are Sirius and James still in there?"

"Yeah, they just got out of shower." Clint nodded. "They're the only ones left."

"Alright, thanks," said Jenna. "They're throwing a party in the common room, by the way. I'll see you there."

"See you, then." Clint waved, so off he went and Jenna walked inside the locker room.

"I asked her out five times this week, Padfoot! Five times!" Jenna heard James say when she got in, so she hid herself behind the locker room's wall, eavesdropping shamelessly.

"Maybe you're saying it wrong?" said Sirius.

"Is there a wrong way to say, 'go out with me, Evans'?"

"I don't know. Maybe," Sirius shrugged.

"Padfoot, you were there for each time I've asked her out in the past four years! How could you not know!?"

"Maybe it's something in the way you look at her when you say it." Sirius said thoughtfully. "Trust me, I know. How do you think I've gone out with three girls just in the last month?"

James shook his head in disbelief at his friend's arrogance. "Fine! what should I do?" He finally gave up and said.

"Here, say it to me," Sirius suggested, "maybe then I can tell you what you're doing wrong."

"Alright," James sighed, putting a hand on Sirius's shoulder and looking into his eyes before saying, "Will you go out with me?"

Finding the moment perfect, Jenna jumped out from behind the wall, saying with a grin, "Well, well! Look what we have here," causing the two boys to give out a yelp, jerking five feet apart from each other in horror.