Chapter 167

James was frozen on the spot, not even blinking as he stared at his sister. The words hit him like a buckle of cold ice.

      "A boy... I have a boy..." James mumbled under his breath, still too dazed to move. "How — how's Lily?"

"Well, why don't you go in and ask her yourself?" said Jenna with a grin, stepping aside from the doorway so James could go in.

But the moment James stepped inside the room, Jenna burst into quiet tears. Although from the expression on her face, Sirius could tell that it wasn't from happiness.

"What's wrong?" he whispered, walking closer to her and putting a strand of her brown hair behind her ear.

"Nothing." Jenna shook her head, wiping away her tears. "I — I just wish that Mum and Dad were here to see this day."

Sirius had nothing to say, so he just wrapped his arms around her, bringing her into a comforting hug.

But then they pulled apart when they saw Bathilda walk out of the room with her wand in her hand and the towels and bowl floating after her out of the room.

"You can go in, you know," she said cheerfully with the most genuine smile on her face, "it would be the most adorable thing you'll ever see. I promise."

And sure enough, when she walked away and Sirius and Jenna stepped into the room, they both smiled at the sight they saw inside.

There sat James on a chair beside the bed and Lily laid on the bed with her back against the headboard, looking worn-out but happier than ever as she held on to a little baby boy, who was fast asleep in his mother's arms.

"Wow... It's an actual baby!" said Sirius as if he had never heard of such a thing.

"How're you feeling, Lil?" Jenna asked her friend as her and Sirius walked closer toward the bed.

"Never better." Lily smiled peacefully, looking lovingly down at the baby.

But then their attention was drawn toward James, who let out an audible sniff as he was watching his son.

"Prongs, are you crying?" said Sirius with a grin.

"No — shut up — you're crying!" James retorted childishly.

"He's just allergic to beautiful moments," said Jenna, chuckling.

      But she then turned to face the new parents, saying, "so have you decided on a name yet?"

"There are a few on our mind," said James, wiping his tears away from under his lopsided glasses. "We haven't decides which one yet."

"You can always name him Elvendork," Sirius said with a smirk, "it's unisex."

James turned hopefully to Lily, who only glared at him and said, "Don't even think about it."

Jenna shook her head at Sirius in disappointment, giving him a sharp look. "Guess who's not allowed to name our future baby?"

Sirius only laughed. But just then Lily and James shared a knowing look and nodded before turning to face Sirius and Jenna.

"Look, guys," James started, catching their attention to himself, "now that we're in war and everything... we really don't know what the future holds for us... so... Lily and I came to a decision."

"What?" Jenna mused.

"Well," Lily started, "if anything happens to either of us, we would want two of our best friends to look after our baby. So... James and I wanted to choose you two as his Godparents."

Sirius and Jenna's eyes widened at those words, staring between Lily and James in disbelief, as if they had heard them wrong.

"R-really?" said Sirius, blinking rapidly.

"Of course." James smiled. "There's no one we trust in this world more than the two of y —"

But his words were cut short when Jenna sprang forward and flung her arms around her brother, bringing him into a hug.

A calming silence fell upon the room as they stayed like that for a long minute. No word was needed to be told. Their embrace said it all. When they pulled away, they were all smiling, standing there in silence and looking back down at the little baby.

After some while when Lily handed the tiny boy to James to hold, Jenna and Sirius left the room to give them some alone time with their newborn baby.

But the moment Jenna closed the door, she realized that Sirius was staring at her with a grin.

"What?" She raised a brow at him.

"Your hair has changed color again," said Sirius, still grinning.

And when Jenna pulled at her hair at looked down at it, she saw that her hair had turned into a calm color purple from the happiness she was feeling. She hadn't been able to change it for months.

So she just smiled and turned it back into brown, but now that she had her powers back, she smoothened her hair and gave it a shiny wave.

She then smirked up at Sirius, flipping back her elegant-looking hair. "Now who's got the best hair in the household, Miss Black?"

Sirius gave her a look. "Don't start."

***

Once Sirius and Jenna went downstairs, they saw that Bathilda had already gone back to her own home and so they found themselves alone in the living room.

As Lily and James had asked them, Sirius and Jenna took out a few parchments and two quills, starting to write letters to the rest of their friends, letting them know that they'd finally had the baby.

But then their heads snapped up after an hour or so when James finally reappeared downstairs, looking tired but his smile still planted on his lips.

"He just opened his eyes," said James, the same hint of peacefulness in his voice. "Come upstairs."

With that, Sirius and Jenna got to their feet and followed James back to the room. When they walked back toward the bed where Lily was laying in bed with the little baby in her arms, they took a closer look at him.

The tiny boy had a few strands of jet-black hair just like James, but as he stared around the room curiously, they noticed that he had the same green eyes as Lily's.

"We've decided on his name, by the way," said James, grinning.

"Ooh, what?" said Jenna excitedly, looking back at them.

"Well, everyone," said Lily, smiling down at the little baby boy, "say hello to Harry."