Chapter 155

Jenna was in the shower, turning on the hot water and enjoying the feeling as it washed away all the tiredness off her body.

     But just then, she jumped out of her skin when suddenly she heard the door open unexpectedly.

"Sirius!" Jenna gasped, turning her back to him abruptly out of shock, facing the wall of the bath. "How the heck did you get in!?"

"It was easy," said Sirius, the smugness obvious in his tone, "with a little help from the penknife you gave me a few years ago as a birthday gift. Didn't expect it to be this handy, but what do you know."

"Oh, Merlin..." Jenna muttered under her breath awkwardly as she closed her eyes shut, her hair turning pink when she heard the bathroom door close. "You weren't supposed to be able to get in!"

"Don't worry, Jenny," said Sirius, "there's nothing new in here to see."

"Sirius!"

He laughed, opening the shower curtain after he had gotten rid of his clothes. Jenna still had her eyes shut out of awkwardness as the water was still running down.

"This is too weird," she muttered with her back still turned on him as she faced the wall.

"You better get used to this now that we're getting married, Jenny," said Sirius, and by those words, Jenna's eyes snapped open.

She had forgotten for a minute that they were engaged. But then, the realization hit her for the first time. What if she was sent away soon? Or worse, what if they started a family and because of the war, something happened to either of them?

She then wondered if she had made the wrong choice by saying yes.

"Jenny?" Sirius called out her name as he stood behind her.

It was as if he could sense that something was bothering her, even though he couldn't even see her face and her hair had turned back to her natural brown color.

So with the hot water still streaming down on them, Sirius gently placed his hands on Jenna's waist, slowly guiding her to turn around and to finally look up at him.

"You okay?" he asked her rather anxiously.

Jenna nodded hesitantly. "I'm just a little worried, that's all."

"Hmm... well, maybe this would help," said Sirius and so with that, he placed a finger underneath her chin to pull her face gently up, kissing her on the lips lightly.

By that, Jenna's worries seemed to wash away for a split second as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down further to kiss him even more more passionately.

But just before they could lose themselves in the moment, they heard the door to the bedroom open and their eyes widened.

      "Jenna?" They heard Mrs. Potter's voice from outside the bathroom door. "We're home."

      "Er... I'll be out in a minute," Jenna said, doing everything in her power to keep her voice straight.

      "Was Sirius here last night?" They heard her mother ask.

      "Wh-why do you ask?" said Jenna, glaring at Sirius who was sniggering inaudibly.

      "Well, his clothes are here," said Mrs. Potter hesitantly.

       Jenna cursed under her breath as she felt like she was melting down out of the embarrassment, but Sirius seemed unbothered by the whole thing as he just grinned amusingly.

      "You know what?" said Mrs. Potter after a short pause. "I'll just wait for you guys downstairs." And then they heard the door to the bedroom close.

       The exact moment, Sirius let out a laughter but Jenna only groaned, covering her face up with her hands as she felt herself blush.

       "What's done is done, Jenny," said Sirius, taking a hold of her wrists and lowering her hands and pecking her on the lips as the hot water ran down on them. "Be grateful it wasn't your father."

***

The first time Jenna got the chance to visit Lily and James in their new home at Godric's Hollow was in a few weeks, on hers and James's nineteenth birthday. They couldn't have visited earlier because of the Order business.

      "I can't believe you're engaged!" Lily exclaimed happily as Jenna showed her the ring.

      Meanwhile the guys were in the living room talking, Jenna had joined Lily in the kitchen, where she was making dinner.

      "I mean, James had already told me Sirius was going to propose," Lily went on, "but he was actually supposed to do it on our wedding night after everyone had gone home. What happened?"

      "We got into a little fight," Jenna said with a small sigh. "So how's life as a married woman? Any different?"

      "No, not really." Lily shrugged. "Everything's pretty much the same, other than having to get used to my new surname. James keeps calling me 'Lily Potter' by my full name. It was cute at first, but now it's just annoying." Jenna laughed.

     "I saw that you've bought a cat," said Jenna, glancing at the kitten crawled up on the counter, sleeping.

      "Yeah, James bought it for my birthday." Lily smiled, but it faded when she saw the sad expression on her friend's face. "What's wrong, Jen?"

     "Everything." Jenna sighed miserably. "I'm still not sure if I should've said yes to Sirius, considering all that's been going on. And I don't think James has noticed yet, but Dad's not feeling too good lately."

     "What?" Lily muttered, frowning worriedly.

      "He's been trying to put on a happy face, but I know my father. I know something's not right. And Mum looks just as exhausted lately, if not more. This Order thing is really wearing them off."

      "Don't worry, Jen," said Lily, putting a comforting hand on Jenna's shoulder. "I — I'm sure everything will be all right."