Chapter 133

Before they knew it, the seventh years' examinations soon came to an end, and now they could finally breathe freely.

       Although there was still an atmosphere of worry among Jenna and her friends, knowing that leaving Hogwarts meant joining the war.

       But they decided to forget about that on their last day at Hogwarts, knowing that they would never return to this castle as students again.

       While the Marauders were off somewhere to manage their final mischief, the four girls went by the Black Lake, enjoying the beautiful sunny day by the water and on the grass.

         Lily and Marlene both had taken their shoes off and put their feet in the cool water, trying to relax and enjoy the peaceful quiet. Meanwhile, Alice was sitting behind Jenna, playing with her hair and humming her usual song under her breath.

        Alice was bewitching the grass around them to grow beautiful white daisies to pluck them up and placing the flowers among Jenna's long hair.

        "Can you turn your hair pink? I think it might go better with the white daisies in your hair," Alice said dreamily.

        Jenna chuckled but obeyed nonetheless, turning her hair pink. Alice observed her from behind for a few second before shaking her head.

       "No... on second thoughts, turn in back to blue," said Alice and Jenna did as she was asked. "Ooh! Perfect!" Alice exclaimed excitedly, moving forward to kiss Jenna sweetly on the cheek, making her giggle.

        "I can't believe our seven years are over so soon..." Lily said in a hollow voice, starting ahead into the calm lake. "I'll miss it here."

        "Don't forget our promise, though," said Jenna with a grin, hoisting herself up on her elbows as she was laying down on the fresh green grass.

       "What promise?" Marlene asked, frowning slightly.

        "In fifth year, when we were sitting right here, we promised that ten years later we would all gather back here," said Jenna.

      But with that, Lily, Alice, and Marlene all looked away uncomfortably, not answering her.

       "What?" Jenna looked at them with a puzzled expression.

        "I think it's better if we didn't promise things like that, Jen," said Lily in a small voice, still avoiding her gaze.

         "What's that supposed to mean?" Jenna frowned, though she already knew where this conversation was going.

         "It means that we shouldn't promise something that we might not be able to keep," Lily whispered.

         "You guys are being ridiculous," said Jenna firmly, even though a part of her knew that they were right. "It will be fine. We'll make it through this."

        But none of them answered her this time as a deadly silence fell among them. But thankfully they were all saved from the tension when from afar they saw the Marauders walking toward them.

        But as they got closer, it appeared that James and Sirius were in the middle of a feverish argument as Peter and Remus walked alongside them silently.