Chapter 25

The two came to a halt when they turned and saw Sirius standing there, grinning. But his smile didn't seem kind at all as he glared into Clint's eyes sternly.

"Sure," Clint shrugged and stepped aside, but Jenna folded her arms as she glared at the two tall boys.

     "Excuse me?" she said sharply. "Once again, his date would like to remind you two douchebags that a girl is very capable of deciding whether she likes to be borrowed or not. No need to ask him. I've got a mind of my own, you know."

     "Right, sorry," said Sirius, now grinning down at Jenna. "Well... can I borrow you for some while?"

     "Yes," Jenna said coldly and then without warning, Sirius pulled her into his chest, causing her to give out a small gasp.

     He placed one of her hands on his shoulder, took her other hand in his, and then wrapped his arm seductively around her waist, leading the dance with dominance.

     "Where's your precious Quidditch Captain?" Jenna snarled, mentioning Gwenog Jones.

     "Right here in my arms, of course," Sirius grinned handsomely down at her, causing her to look away with an eye roll. "Oh, c'mon, Jenny. I thought we were good again."

     Jenna didn't answer.

     "Don't tell me you're jealous of Jones," said Sirius with a fake shocked expression.

     "I'm not jealous!" said Jenna sharply. "She's – she's our enemy!"

     "Enemy?" Sirius chuckled. "Care to explain?"

     "We have a match with them next term, don't we!?" she snapped. "She's trying to get information out of you! That's why she asked you out tonight!"

     "So you mean it has nothing to do with my good looks?" he said smugly.

     "You're unbelievable, Black." Jenna huffed.

     "Why, thank you." He grinned.

     "Where is she, anyway?" Jenna asked again with insistence, but Sirius shrugged.

     "Don't care."

     "Of course you don't," Jenna scoffed, pulling away. "Why would you even care about a girl? Why would the awesome Sirius Black care if he breaks someone's heart, just as long as he gets what he wants?"

     Sirius frowned, looking and even feeling hurt by those words. But Jenna didn't notice that, for she had already turned around and stormed out of the party.

     Furious and frustrated, Jenna paced quickly down the dark and deserted corridor out of Slughorn's office, muttering angrily to herself.

     But just then, she heard quick footsteps approaching her fast. Although, before she could fully turn around to see who it was, she was pushed and pinned against the wall behind her.

     "What do think you're doing, Black–!" She tried to say, but Sirius broke her into it.

     "–No, no," he said darkly. "I'm doing the talking now."

    She glared up at him as Sirius had both of his hands on either side of Jenna against the wall, imprisoning her. It hadn't been until that point that Jenna realized just how tall he was.

"You may have everybody else fooled, but not me, Potter," Sirius sneered down at her. "I know your secret."

"Which is?" Jenna raised a brow, doing everything in her power to prevent herself from looking down at his lips, which were extremely close to hers.

Sirius then leaned even closer and whispered dangerously in her ear, "You're a good girl."

Jenna was frozen on her spot as she found it hard to breathe. "What's that supposed to mean?" she said, trying hard to speak in a strong and stern voice.

Sirius chuckled deeply at her helpless state, as he had her locked up between his arms.

"It means that you might act all strong and tough – just like you're doing now," he said, "but I know the real you, Jenna. I know you're not the heartbreaker girl who you pretend to be, who doesn't give a crap about boys."

Jenna dropped her gaze to the floor just to avoid his deep grey eyes which were piercing through her skin, as if reading her every thought and watching her every move.

"You're just like everybody else," he continued.

Jenna looked up at that. "Meaning?"

"It means that you might act all high and mighty now, like nobody's good enough for you. But you will fall for someone, and then they will easily break your heart. But you will let them, because that's just who you are. Because just like the rest of us, you are weak when it comes to the person you love."

"And who's that person supposed to be?" Jenna snarled, trying to keep her face forward.

"Someone who has the right things to offer you," Sirius grinned and then lowered his voice some more, "just the way you like it."

It was only then that Jenna realized how close their faces were to each other, as Sirius kept glancing down at her lips and then back into her eyes again.

"I'll beat the living hell out of you if you get any closer," said Jenna grimly, though cursing herself for saying it, for she craved the exact opposite.

"Don't worry, Jenny, I'm not a dog," Sirius laughed.

But his humor went unnoticed by Jenna as she kept glaring at him. So he continued more sternly,

    "I'm not gonna touch you," he said with a slight grin. "Or at least... not unless you ask me to."

He then stared back into her eyes, as if daring her to speak, as if daring her to move. But Jenna didn't even blink.

Grinning to himself, Sirius leaned forward and dragged his lips so close to her ear that Jenna could feel his hot breath against her neck as he whispered darkly,

"One day, you're going to fall for someone, Jenna, and you're gonna fall hard," he said, his lips now just an inch away from her neck, "And I can't wait to be the one to prove you just how hard."