Chapter 65

Getting up to their feet, the eight of them smiled in excitement as they watched different groups of people appear out of thin air around them, just like they had a few moments ago.

"Quel est votre nom, monsieur?" They turned around as a blond man in a badly worn Muggle suit came forward with a checklist in his hand.

"Er..." Mr. Potter walked forward, trying hard to communicate with the French man. "We are... er... la Potter famille..."

"Potter? You're English?" said the man, looking through his list.

  Fleamont tried to pretend as if he hadn't just been embarrassed, meanwhile James and Jenna were sniggering in the back.

     "Ah, oui, oui."

The blond French man then gestured at a younger wizard to come over, who was very poorly dressed like a Muggle as he worn a  t-shirt with a Scottish kilt.

"Emmenez-les Potter dans leur tente," said the man in the suit as all the Gryffindors looked between them, confused.

"Oui," the young wizard nodded politely before turning to Mr. and Mrs. Potter, saying, "Zis way, monsieur, madame."

The adults led the way through the camp and the eight kids followed them behind, looking around them in excitement.

     They passed around countless wizarding tents, all there for the Quidditch World Cup, each from a different country.

     Some were trying to make fire with woods in the Muggle way, and some other openly used their wands to conjure it.

"Here you are," said the wizard as they had reached their tent. But when they looked up, they saw that unlike other tents around, theirs looked more like a small wooden villa.

"Zis is for the Mademoiselle," said the young man, magically conjuring a flower out of thin air and handing it to Marlene with a wink.

"Hmm, now where should I put this?" said Marlene in mock-thoughtfulness as they watched him leave, rubbing her chin. "How about up his —"

"Marlene!" Lily hissed warningly, pointing at Mr. and Mrs. Potter who were standing nearby.

"Go in, then," said Euphemia, gesturing them inside their tent. And when they went, the inside of it looked even bigger than its outside, and even more glorious.

It had two floors and a magnificent chandelier hung from its ceiling, lighting up the enormous hall.

"Our house is smaller that this tents' hall," said Peter rather sadly, looking around him in awe.

"Let's hope the match doesn't go on for too long," said Mr. Potter, taking out his wand to lit the fireplace. "I only managed to get us a few days off work."

"You better hope nothing urgent comes up so we won't have to return in the middle of the match," said Mrs. Potter, snapping her fingers together and the next moment, Mickey appeared in the tent.

"Yes, my lady?" he said, bowing so low that his nose touched the ground.

"Could you be a darling and attend to lunch?" said Mrs. Potter kindly. "We'll be having it in a few hours, I think."

"Yes, of course, my lady." He bowed again and then disappeared from sight in the blink of an eyes.

"If I had a house elf, I would never feel hungry ever again," said Marlene with a sigh.

"If you had a house elf you would be the same size of an elephant," said Jenna, grinning.

"Yes, well," Marlene shrugged. "With great food comes great weight. And that's a consequence I'll accept gladly."

The four girls laughed, walking upstairs after the boys. When Lily, Alice, Marlene, and Jenna had placed their bags down in their enormous shared bedroom, they went back downstairs.

"We're gonna go have a look around," said James with his head turned on Jenna, even though he glanced sideways at Lily hopefully. "You guys wanna come?"

"Oh, we would love to!" said Alice cheerfully, clapping her hands together in excitement.

And of course the other three girls couldn't say no now, not wanting to take away their friend's obvious happiness on the suggestion.

"Be back by noon," Mrs. Potter called after them as the eight Gryffindors left the tent and walked outside through the camp.

They could see many people from different countries, all close together in their tents.

The campsite was so crowded that they had to be careful not to bump into anyone. But it became almost impossible as a group of chatting girls were trying to pass through.

But at last, as one of the girls was busy talking to her friends, she accidentally bumped into Sirius and nearly fell down, but he immediately caught her in his arms in mid-air.

The girl then started yelling at him in French, trying to break away from him. But the moment she looked up at Sirius, she came to a halt.

"Oh, bonjour," she said breathlessly, her angry expression changing, looking up at him with her big blue eyes.

"Er... hi," said Sirius, hastily removing his arms from her and taking a step back.

"Oooh! American?" said the girl happily as her friends had stopped as well, looking around at the group.

"English, actually."

"Hogwarts," one of them whispered to the others.

"Fantastique!" said the girl, her eyes wondering up and down Sirius. "We can show you around, if you like."

Jenna watched from afar as the rest of them stood, breathing heavily from her nostrils, feeling her face heat up.

"Er... n-no, thank you," said Sirius, walking away from the girl as everyone turned to look at him in surprise.

"What just happened?" said James in a hollow voice, watching Sirius walk on.

"I think he might be sick," said Remus in concern and Peter nodded anxiously.