Chapter 56

The rest of the year passed quickly, yet miserably. None of them seemed as excited about the upcoming Quidditch World Cup as before, with all the drama going on.

Even Jenna had no idea how she was going to be able to be in the same place as Sirius, but she decided to let the thought go and think back at her conversation with Dumbledore.

She wanted to ask her parents for advice, but he had asked her not to tell anyone until she had given him a straight answer.

     The train ride back home was spent with small talk among the four girls, as they went on about how they thought their exams had gone.

     "I think I'm going to go for Healer," said Lily. "McGonagall told me about it and I think it's an interesting job, even though highly responsible."

     "They need at least five N.E.W.Ts, don't they?" Alice asked.

     "Yeah," Lily nodded. "But I think I'll manage. I just need to study a bit more and spend more time in the library —"

     "Ugh," Marlene made a choking sound. "Please, no! No more studying. No more going to the stupid library. I don't even want to talk about it! It's summer now! I swear if I see another book, I'll puke."

     With a grin, Jenna pulled Lily's book abruptly out of her hands and shoved it under Marlene's nose.

     "Guh!" Marlene cried out, took the book away from her, and smacked it on Jenna's head with it, making them all laugh.

     When they finally reached King's Cross station and the train came to a stop, they hugged one another goodbye, promising to see each other soon.

     "I'll see you guys over the summer, then," said Jenna, hugging them in turn. "I'll send you an owl before the World Cup so you can come to our house the day before we are supposed to leave."

      Alice and Marlene nodded brightly, but Lily remained quiet, pursing her lips together.

     "You will come, won't you, Lil?" Jenna asked, unsure.

     "Oh, I don't know, Jen..." Lily sighed, slightly frowning.

     "What!?" Marlene exclaimed. "You can't miss it! It's our tradition!"

     "Mar, we've never been to one," Lily shook her head. "How can it be a tradition?"

     "It's the Quidditch World Cup!" Marlene reasoned. "How can it not become a tradition!?"

    "C'mon, Lil," said Alice softly. "It's going to be alright. Besides, I'm pretty sure James will be spending time with his friends. You'll barely notice his presence."

     "I highly doubt that," Lily rolled her eyes, but then sighed in defeat. "Alright. But only because Jenna's parents have been kind enough to get me the tickets, and that I'll miss you guys too much to miss a chance of seeing you."

     "Yes!" Marlene cried out triumphantly, doing a kind of a victory dance, receiving a few weird glances from people passing by, to which she quickly snapped at them, "What are you lookin' at!? Yeah, that's right! Move along!"

     Jenna chuckled before turning to them again. "See you guys soon, then," she said happily, waving them goodbye.

     When she passed the barrier, there she saw that James was already with their parents, now waiting for her.

     She smiled at their familiar sight and ran towards them, bringing them into a bone-crushing hug.

     "Geez, stop it, Jenna. You're embarrassing me," said Mr. Potter jokingly.

     "C'mon, kids," Mrs. Potter smiled at them kindly, ignoring her husband. "Let's get you home fast. Mickey's made your favorite meal."

     "Pasta!?"

     "Pumpkin Pie?"

     Jenna and James said excitedly at the same time, making their mother chuckle. "Yes. Both."

***

"Oh, young master and lady!" Mickey the house-elf cried out happily, running through the garden and bringing James and Jenna in a tight embrace, sobbing loudly. "Oh, how much Mickey missed his little angels!"

     Mr. Potter snorted at that.

     "How did the exams go?" asked Mrs. Potter, as they walked inside the manor.

     "Fine," the two said together as Mickey snapped his tiny fingers and their trunks disappeared, reappearing upstairs and in their rooms.

     As promised, when they walked to the dining room, a big table was set with the delicious dinner which Mickey had made.

     But after they were done eating, Mrs. Potter forced the twins to go up to their rooms and unpack their trunks.

     "I'll come upstairs in an hour to check up on you," she said sternly. "And if you're not unpacked by then, that means no playing Quidditch throughout summer."

     Knowing that there was no empty threats in their mother's words and no point in arguing, James and Jenna made their way upstairs grumpily.

     "She doesn't even bother changing her threats," James rolled his eyes. "Always the same; always no Quidditch for the rest of the summer," he imitated her in a lofty voice.

     Jenna chuckled. "Always works though, doesn't it?"

     "I suppose," James shrugged, parting ways with Jenna as he reached his room and walked inside, closing the door behind him.

     Sighing to herself, Jenna started to unpack her trunk as soon as she got into her room, cursing the Ministry for not allowing them to use magic outside school at sixteen.

     But then she reminded herself that she only had to wait another year to be able to do that.

     Jenna took out her books, putting them on her table and placed her broom at the back of her closet.

     But as she returned back to her trunk for her clothes to unfold them, there beneath all the robes, Jenna spotted a familiar looking box.

     It was Sirius's Christmas present.