Chapter 120

Sirius didn't know where he expected Jenna to take him, but it surely wasn't back to the castle and toward the Black Lake.

But his shock multiplied when Jenna started taking off her shoes and socks, rolling up her pants before walking into the lake.

"Should I be questioning your sanity, Jenny?" Sirius asked her hesitantly, watching her.

"No, but I will question yours if you don't get in here with me," she said with a grin. "It's fun, and relaxing."

        "We're in the middle of October! The water must be freezing!" Sirius retorted.

       "What? Are you scared?" she said challengingly, but Sirius only gave her a look and Jenna grinned. "Oh, come on, Snuffles. I thought dogs liked to swim."

       Sirius shot her a glare. "One more dog joke and I'll —"

       "You'll what, Padfoot?" She rolled her eyes playfully. "Stop being so cranky and try to be more paw-sitive!"

       "Okay, that's it!" Sirius yelled angrily, immediately getting rid of his shoes and getting into the water after Jenna.

       He made a pounce to grab for her, but with a squeal Jenna started swimming away from him as they both laughed.

      But Sirius finally managed to grab onto her waist, pulling her back into his chest as Jenna was trying to break free, but it was pointless.

       "Got you," Sirius said with a triumphant grin, turning her around.

       But his smile faded when Jenna suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing him into a deep kiss.

       Taking advantage of the water, Sirius effortlessly got a hold of her legs and wrapped them around his waist, holding onto her back as he kissed her back.

       Jenna's hands soon travelled through his wet black hair, pulling him closer to her even though no space was left between them.

       But they soon jerked apart from each other when a nasty voice behind them said, "Well, well... look what we have here."

       Looking up in horror, they saw Filch looking at them grimly.

       "Get out of the water... disgusting teenagers..." he snarled and so Sirius and Jenna started going back toward the shore, trying hard to hold back their grins.

       Sirius waved his wand at the pair of them, drying himself and Jenna from the soaking water.

       As they followed Filch up the familiar path toward his office, the two of them didn't even dare to look sideways at each other, knowing that they would burst out with laughter.

       Entering Filch's office, they took the seats in front of each other while the caretaker searched for the detention forms.

       He started scribbling, muttering to himself as he wrote on. "Names: Sirius Black, Jenna Potter... Crime: public moral offenses..."

       The two snorted at that, but then both of them started coughing to cover their laughter up.

       "You will be cleaning the Owlery," said Filch, pointing at Sirius. "And you will be scrubbing the dungeons," he told Jenna. "Now go on. I'll be checking on you in an hour."

       So with their grins still dangling on their lips, the two of them walked out of Filch's office.

       "Wait, let's go to the common room first," said Sirius. "There's something I want to get."

       "What?"

       "Mine and James's two-way mirrors, so we can talk while in detention," he said. "I don't think James will notice it's gone now that he's Head Boy and doesn't want to get into detention," Sirius imitated him, rolling his eyes as if highly disappointed in his friend. 

***

That night when Sirius and Jenna were both finally done with their detentions, they joined their friends in the common room before dinner.

       But the moment they entered the room and saw something, Jenna's eyes widened and she gripped onto Sirius's sleeve.

        "Tell me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing," Jenna said in a hollow voice.

       "What the..." Sirius muttered, his eyes widening as well.

       There, in the corner of the common room, there sat Lily and James in a warm embrace, kissing.

       "Yeah, it's been going on for some while now," Marlene said with a smirk as she spotted Sirius and Jenna. "That was our first reaction too."

        "Ugh, I don't wanna see that," Jenna said with a shudder, turning away.

       "I gotta say," Sirius started with a grin, "I didn't give Prongs enough credit. For his first ever date with a girl, he sure knew how to woo her."

       Jenna then went back to her dorm to change out of her dusty clothes and placed James's two-way mirror in her trunk, telling herself that she would give it back later.

     They all soon left the common room and walked toward the Great Hall for dinner, and were later on joined by Lily and James, who were both smiling.

       "Where have you two been?" Lily asked Sirius and Jenna as they sat down, trying to prevent the subject from going where she didn't want it to go.

        "Detention," Jenna said grumpily, yawning.

        "What — why?"

        "For getting cozy just like how you and Prongs here have," Sirius said, winking at her.

       "You know what I've been thinking?" Marlene started cheerfully. "Sirius and Jenna's couple name would be Jirius! And James and Lily's would be Jily!"

       Jenna grinned. "Or... you know... lames."

        James gave her a look. "I'll kill you, Potter."

"I'd certainly like to see you try, Potter," said Jenna challengingly.

"I really don't know how your mother tolerated you two," said Remus, smiling.

After they were done with dinner, Lily and James were first to get up from the table, saying that they were going for a stroll around the castle.

But Jenna was sure they weren't going to do much walking as she watched them leave the Great Hall hand in hand.

***

At that exact moment, behind the staff's table at the head of the Great Hall, Dumbledore smiled to himself as he watched the two Gryffindors leave with their hands laced together.

Catching him watching them amusingly, McGonagall raised a brow at him. "I hope making the Potter boy Head wasn't so this could happen, Albus."

Dumbledore gave her a smile and raised his goblet for a drink. "I certainly don't know what you're talking about, Minerva."