Chapter 28

Lily joined the three girls when it was lunch time and their moods were quickly picked up by her presence.

But that was how it always went; if only one of them were missing, the others felt incomplete without them.

Soon enough, as the sky had turned dark once again, the train started to slow down when it neared King's Cross station.

      There was both a sad and yet excited atmosphere around when the kids went off the train, saying their goodbyes to their friends so they could go and start the Christmas break.

     "You sure you couldn't come to ours for Christmas?" Lily asked Marlene for the hundredth time.

     "You know what mum says," Marlene rolled her eyes and then said in a high-peached voice which imitated her mother, "Christmas time is family time."

     Lily chuckled and then turned to Alice and hugged her as well. "Have fun in Australia, Al."

     "I'll send you guys post cards," said Alice happily, hugging Lily back.

     But Jenna, who had already said her goodbyes to Marlene and Alice, passed the barrier to see her parents before heading off to Lily's house for Christmas break.

     "Mum!" Jenna yelled at the sight of her mother, Euphemia Potter, and ran towards her, bringing her to a tight hug.

     "Fine, ignore me! Favor your mother! I don't care!" Jenna turned around, grinning as she saw Fleamont Potter as he had crossed his arms childishly.

    "Oh, c'mon, dad. You know I love you guys the same amount," she smiled, bringing him into a hug.

     "Yes, and that's how it is supposed to be," Mr. Potter said proudly and hugged her back, but then leaned down and whispered in Jenna's ear, "I give you five Galleons to tell your mother you like me more than her."

    "I heard that!" said Mrs. Potter sharply.

     "Dad! Shame on you!" Jenna gasped dramatically, but then lowered her voice and muttered, "make it ten Galleons and we have a deal."

     "Jenna!" Mrs. Potter called out to her angrily, shaking her head in disbelief when Jenna shrugged innocently.

     On cue, James appeared out of the barrier, carrying his trolley, with Sirius, Peter and Remus following him afterwards.

     His three friends waved James goodbye and went to find their own parents.

     "James!" cried out Mrs. Potter, bringing James.

"Yes, yes, I missed you too, mother," said James, trying to break free so he could breathe once more.

"I'm so glad that you've stopped making so much trouble in school. Both of you. We barely got any owls complaining about you this year!" said Mrs. Potter proudly. "If you had done so last year, you could've even made it as prefects!"

     "Oh, please" Jenna scoffed. "I'm glad that I'm not a prefect!"

     "Well, personally, I was a Gryffindor prefect and there's nothing wrong with it, Jenna," said Mrs. Potter. "It's a matter of pride."

     "I beg you to differ, Mia," said Mr. Potter grimly and then continued dramatically, "Being a prefect is a shame to the name of Potter!"

     "Amen!" said Jenna, fist-bumping her dad.

     Just then, the Potters turned around as they saw Mrs. Black coming forward and towards her sons, Sirius and Regulus.

     She gave Regulus a cold hug, but didn't even get the chance to glance at Sirius who walked ahead of them grumpily, ignoring his mother's presence.

     By that, Mrs. Black sent the Potters a nasty glare, and walked away with Regulus by her side.

     "Poor kid," said Mrs. Potter, her eyes following the Black family as they passed the station, looking at the Muggles as if they were scum. "James, are you sure Sirius didn't want to spend Christmas with us?"

     "Oh, he wanted to, trust me," said James. "But apparently in second year that we had invited him and Sirius came to our house, he had done it without his parents even knowing, cause they thought he should've been with his family on Christmas eve. So after that, I don't think his mother really approves of us."

     "What a bitch," they heard Mr. Potter mutter under his lips.

      "Fleamont!" Mrs. Potter snapped, meanwhile James and Jenna were busy sniggering. "Oh, cut it out you two! It's not funny! Fleamont, you should be a better role-model for your children!"

     "I am! How else do you think they've turned out so amazing!" said Mr. Potter defensively.

      "Amazing?" Mrs. Potter repeated in shock. "Fleamont, we received five owls from McGonagall complaining about them just in the last year!"

     "Hey! It's not my fault they weren't smart enough to not get caught!"

     "Oh, Merlin," Mrs. Potter sighed, rubbing her temples to try and remain calm.

     While their mother had her eyes closed and was breathing to make herself relaxed, Mr. Potter pulled the twins aside.

     "Okay, just to make sure," he started, "the fact that we haven't received any owls about you two this year is because you're now responsible or you've finally learned how to get yourself out of trouble?"

     "The latter," James and Jenna said together, grinning.

     "Good, my training is complete," their father smiled proudly and patted them on the back, "I have nothing more to teach you. I hereby declare myself the proudest dad alive."