Chapter 59

After dinner, James showed Sirius to his room, seeing as looked extremely exhausted and worn out.

     Jenna too returned back to her room, her mind as messed up as ever, not knowing if she should've felt sorry for Sirius, or still be mad at him.

     But she knew there was no point trying to avoid him, seeing as she was going to practically live with the boy from now on.

     Sighing to herself, Jenna took off her shirt and got under the blanket as she turned off the lamp on her nightstand and closed her eyes.

     She couldn't have been sleeping for more than an hour that she shifted in her bed, feeling a presence beside her.

     "Psst! Jenna," someone whispered and shook her as she had hid her head fully under the sheets.

     "Piss off, James," she groaned, trying to close her eyes and go back to sleep again.

     "It's not James, it's me," the voice whispered, shaking her again. "Could you please wake up? I need to talk to you."

     It took Jenna a moment to recognize that voice, and by that, her eyes widened and she jumped and sat up straight in shock, seeing Sirius Black right before her, sitting at the edge of her bed.

     "What do you wan—!"

     "Merlin's beard!" Sirius yelped, quickly jerking his head away from her.

     Confused, Jenna looked down to see what had caused Sirius to act so weird, only to see that the blanket had fallen off her upper body.

     "Shoot!" Jenna shrieked, holding the blankets up to her chest. "What the heck are you doing here!?"

     "Why are you shirtless!?" Sirius exclaimed, trying to look at anything but her.

     "What!? Can't a girl sleep naked in her own room!? Only guys are allowed to do that!?"

     "Wait — you're completely naked?" Sirius smirked, trying to turn around but Jenna smacked him on the head, causing him to look away again.

     "No, you freak!" Jenna huffed. "It's just the shirt!"

     "Too bad—"

     "One more word and I swear I'll kill you, Black!"

     "Alright, alright," Sirius chuckled. "I just came here to talk."

     "Give me my shirt first, it's there," Jenna pointed at the one laying on her table and so Sirius got off the bed, tossing it at her without looking back.

     "I'm gonna put this on, and under no circumstances are you to look back until I tell you to! You hear me, Black!?"

     "I really don't see what's the point now, I've already seen —"

     "I said turn around!"

     "Alright, geez," Sirius shook his head with a smirk as he looked around Jenna's room, waiting for her to put on her shirt.

     Although just then, his eyes fell upon a snow globe, laying on her biggest shelf. He looked at it for a few seconds in disbelief, until a heartwarming smile made its way over his lips.

     "Okay. You can turn now," said Jenna coldly and Sirius did as he was told, still grinning. "Don't give me that look!"

      "What look?" he asked innocently, as he sat back down on the bed

      "Oh, forget it," Jenna rolled her eyes. "What is it that you wanted to say."

     "Er..." Sirius frowned. "I forgot."

     Jenna face-palmed. "How could you forget!?"

     "Do you blame me?" he raised a brow with a mischievous grin, making Jenna to punch him on the arm. "Ouch — alright — I wanted to tell you something."

     "What?"

     "That I'm sorry."

     Jenna stared at him for a few seconds, not believing her ears. "You're sorry?"

     "About everything," said Sirius earnestly. "I know I've been acting reckless lately —"

     "Reckless doesn't even begin with it," said Jenna sternly, folding her arms.

     "Yes, yes. I know," Sirius sighed. "I've been acting reckless, immature, and irresponsible, and I'm sorry for that."

     "Have you memorized lines?" Jenna grinned and Sirius shrugged, chuckling.

     "I thought about it all the way I was getting here and I just — I just couldn't get you out of my head."

     "Lily's still not over it, and as long as she's sad, I won't be able to let this matter go either."

     "I'll apologize to her too," said Sirius briskly, and then added, "if that makes you happy."

    "Why do you suddenly care about how I feel?" Jenna raised a brow at him.

     "Because — I — er..." Sirius looked down at his hands, frowning. "I want to be friends again."

     "Friends?" Jenna repeated. "You went through all this trouble in apologizing just to be friends again?"

     "Yeah," Sirius shrugged. "So... what do say? Can we go back to normal again?"

     "Sirius—"

     "C'mon, Jenny," said Sirius, raising his hand and putting a strand of Jenna's hair behind her ear as he whispered, "Let me hear you say it."

     "Fine," Jenna said at last, sighing. "I forgive you, but don't think for a second that I can ever forget it."

     "Don't worry, Kitten," said Sirius confidently. "You will."

     "What makes you say that?"

     "Because I'll make it up to you," Sirius grinned. "And that's a promise."