Chapter 40

"You want to — what?" Remus exclaimed.

"Join the Marauders," Jenna repeated herself. "I mean... not that I want to get in the group... I just want to join you guys for the full moon."

"You're crazy," Remus scoffed in disbelief.

"Maybe," Jenna shrugged with a grin.

"Well, you better get it out of your head. Because you can't."

"And why not?" Jenna frowned, crossing her arms.

"Because — damn it, Jenna!" Remus huffed. "Because I don't want to hurt you!"

"You won't, if I'm in an animal form," she reasoned, trying to convince him, but Remus kept shaking his head.

"No... I-I can't..."

"Well, you just have to deal with it! Because I'm coming, wether you want me to or not!" said Jenna in a final manner.

Remus sighed, but then smiled. "Why are you so stubborn?"

"Because I'm a Potter," Jenna shrugged, giving him a cheeky grin. "It's in my blood."

***

After talking with Remus for another hour, Madam Pomfrey came bursting in, kicking Jenna out of the hospital wing, saying that Remus needed his rest.

But Jenna didn't return to the common room. Instead, she went to find an empty chamber and proceeded to try and turn herself into an animal form.

She tried bigger animals at first, such as a wolf or even a big dog to be able to have better control over Remus's werewolf form. But she only managed to turn herself into smaller animals.

So she just decided to stick with the fluffy ginger cat for the time being, though it took her hours to perfect that as well.

The last time she had transformed, it was under such pressure and fear that it made it easier for her to turn, and even automatically.

But it was almost dark that she finally managed to turn herself successfully into Crookshanks and turn back to her human form without being stuck with the tail or cat ears.

Satisfied with herself, Jenna walked back to the common room and climbed the staircase towards the girls' dormitory, opening the door to their room.

Lily and Alice were on a bed, studying Charms together, while Marlene sat next to them, pretending to listen even though she was obviously dazed off.

But as soon as she spotted Jenna, Marlene jumped off the bed. "Ooh, Jenna! Did you hear what happened?"

"What?" Jenna raised a brow, curious.

"Black broke up with Gwenog Jones!"

Marlene waited excitedly for Jenna's reply, but she only said, "Bummer."

Marlene's smile faded at that word. "That's it? Bummer?" she scoffed. "You have no sense of gossip. Shame on you!"

"Oh, leave the poor girl alone, Mar," said Lily, who was suspiciously quiet on the matter until them. "Come join us, Jen. We've just started Professor Flitwick's essay."

"Actually, I can't," said Jenna awkwardly.

"Why not?" asked Lily.

"Because I — er — I'm meeting up with James."

"Why?" asked Marlene.

"What? Is it a crime to hang out with my brother these days?" Jenna grinned to which Lily raised a suspicious brow and muttered, "If you say so..."

Jenna then took out her wand from her trunk and with a last wave goodbye, left the three girls and went to the common room, where she saw James, Sirius, and Peter on their usual place in front of the fireplace, waiting for her.

"Oh, finally!" James huffed out in frustration at Jenna's sight and stood off the couch, Peter and Sirius following his action and so the four left.

They led Jenna towards a deserted hallway near the Gryffindor common room and hid behind the wall, where nobody else was.

Throughout this whole time, not only Sirius had not uttered a single word, but he also didn't even look at Jenna's direction as he kept his gaze down with furrowed brows.

"Alright..." James took his bag off his shoulder and opened it, taking something out, which looked highly familiar to Jenna.

"Hang on!" Jenna cried out with widened eyes, "Is that — is that dad's invisibility cloak!?"

"Shh!" James hissed, looking around worriedly to see if anyone had noticed their presence.

"How on earth do you have that?" Jenna lowered her voice and said. "That cloak was stolen four years ago!"

"Er..." James looked away awkwardly, running his hand through his jet-black hair and messing it up even more.

"You stole dad's cloak!?" she yelled.

"Shhhh!"

"Stop shushing me!"

"Stop giving me a reason to shush you!"

"Quit being stubborn!"

"You quit being a pain in the arse!"

"Shut up!"

"You shut up!"

"Will both of you just shut up!" Sirius shouted angrily, but then shook his head. "Let's just get this over with," he mumbled bitterly, turning over the wall to see if anyone was there.

James faced Jenna and frowned, muttering, "What's his problem?"