Chapter 81

Jenna and Sirius walked silently to Charms as he kept his frown on his face, not saying a word.

"Ah, Mr. Black, Miss Potter. About time!" said Professor Flitwick, already standing on his stool. "Take your seats quickly, please."

Seeing Sirius in such a foul mood, James turned to Jenna with a frown, giving her a questioning glance, to which she mouthed 'later' as they both took their separate seats.

After the class ended, Sirius packed up his stuff and without waiting for his friends, he left the classroom.

James walked up to Jenna who was placing her books back in her bag, looking highly suspicious. "Care to explain why you two were late and came at the same time? And why is Sirius so grumpy?"

"It was his brother," said Jenna, ignoring James's first question. "We were walking to class and saw Regulus. They had a spat."

"Oh..." James's face fell at those words. "That's not good... I — I'll go speak with him."

And so without another word, he immediately left after Sirius. Peter quickened his pace to catch up with him, meanwhile Remus calmly followed them, reading his book as he walked.

"Where were you?" Lily raised a brow at Jenna as they were making their way back to the library, but Jenna remained silent and smirk.

"Oooh, Jen's been having some fun," said Marlene cheekily, nudging Jenna and wiggling her eyebrows at her.

"Oh, shut up." She chuckled, walking on as Marlene wolf-whistled.

***

"Do you wanna go play Quidditch?"

      "No."

       "Do you want to go prank Filch?"

      "No."

       "Do you want me to set you up with that Ravenclaw girl who was eyeing you yesterday?"

      "No, Prongs! Let it go!"

      "Well, damn it, Padfoot! What do you want me to do!?"

       "Whenever you children are done bickering," Remus started, his head hidden behind his book, "you should get started on your Defense Against the Dark Arts essay. The new professor takes homework seriously."

      By that, James turned to Sirius hopefully with a grin, but he made no sign of talking as he stared into the common room's fire.

      "Really?" said James in disbelief. "Not even gonna do a 'serious' joke? Well, guys," he sighed mockingly, "I guess something's Siriusly wrong with him."

      He then laughed at his own joke, nudging Sirius, but he didn't even smile as he folded his arms and knitted his eyebrows together.

      "Fine." James huffed. "I'm done trying."

    "What happened to the last Defense professor, again?" asked Peter, looking puzzled.

      "Fell off the staircase, on the last day of school, from what I heard," Remus answered.

      Just then, the door to the common room swung open and Lily, Marlene, Alice, and Jenna walked inside.

      At her sight, Sirius's frown disappeared and he sat up hopefully in his seat. He was just about to call out her name, but the moment he caught glimpse of James, he sunk back into the couch moodily.

      "Hey, guys!" said Jenna's cheerful voice from behind them and they all turned to look at her as she walked toward their couch. "Why didn't you come for dinner?"