Chapter 82

Sirius and Jenna spent the whole night awake, sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace. She wrapped an arm around him, laying her head on his chest as he ran his hand up and down her back, caressing her.

       "By the way," Jenna started uneasily, "we might have a problem."

      "What?" Sirius asked hesitantly.

      "The girls know."

      "What!?" He exclaimed. "But — how?"

      "Alice — she — ugh, don't ask," said Jenna, chuckling as she shook her head.

      "I mean, as long as James doesn't find out, we'll be fine."

       "But wouldn't he get more furious if he finds out late?"

       "I'd rather not think about that," he said with a shudder, making Jenna laugh.

       "Well... isn't there any way that... he wouldn't freak out and just accept it?"

        "Come now, Jenny," Sirius scoffed, "it's James we're talking about. If he ever finds out that I not only broke the five-inches-rule, but also kissed his sister, he'll be sent to Azkaban for murdering his best friend. And then you'll lose us both in the same day."

      "Yeah... I guess you have a point," she said, chuckling.

***

The next Friday at a quarter to eight, Jenna started getting ready in her dorm to go to Dumbledore's office for her first Occlumency lesson.

"Where are you going, again?" Lily asked as Jenna put her wand in her pocket.

"Just... meeting up with Sirius," she answered as casually as possible. "Don't talk to anybody about it, though. James will kill himself."

"Oooh, going on secret rendezvous, now are we?" said Marlene cheekily, wiggling her eyebrows at her. She then shook her head at her disapprovingly. "Tsk, tsk, what will your mother say?"

"Nothing," Jenna grinned, "she'll high-five me."

"Okay... then what would James do?"

"Probably high-five Sirius... in the face... with a chair."

They all laughed at that and so Jenna waved them goodbye, leaving the dorm and then the common room.

She didn't have to even worry about James finding out about her being in the head-master's office, seeing as she had already enchanted the Marauders Map to make her name disappear off it.

She only hoped that he wouldn't purposely try to look for her, only to realize that she wasn't even on the map.

But shaking that thought away, Jenna made her way over Dumbledore's office and stood before the Gargoyle statue, saying, "Cauldron cake."

      By that, the statue came to life and moved aside. Jenna climbed up the staircase it had revealed and knocked on the office's door.

      When she walked inside, she found Dumbledore standing by his window, gazing outside with his hands laced together behind his back.

     "Ah, Miss Potter! Please, do come in," he said as he turned around, beaming at Jenna as she closed the door behind her.

     "Good evening, Professor." Jenna nodded at him politely, walking forward.

"Now, Miss Potter, tell me," Dumbledore started, walking toward her, "what do you know about Occlumency?"

"Er... that it's the magical defense against Legilimency," she answered. "Which means blocking your thoughts and emotions on others."

"Precisely," he smiled at her, drawing out his wand. "Occlumency is the magical defense of the mind against external penetration. An obscure branch of magic, but a highly useful one nevertheless. Now, take out your wand, if you please."

Jenna obeyed and dug it out of her pocket, holding it firmly in her grasp.

"I will try to enter your mind, and I want you to try and resist me. You are allowed to defend yourself with your wand in any term that you like. But please, try not to use the killing curse. You would be surprised to know how many unfinished businesses an old man like me has."

Jenna chuckled, even though her heart was beating briskly and anxiously.

"Now, Jenna. On the count of three, whenever you're ready," he said softly and so she nodded. With that he raised his wand and Jenna followed his action. "One... two... three! Legilimens."

In a flash of an eye, Jenna saw herself as an eleven year old, dropping a set of dungbombs in her parents' bedroom with James.

The picture suddenly changed; her and James were running from Hagrid who was trying to get them away from the forbidden forest in their first year.

Everything changed once again. This time she was in her second year, on the night of their Christmas ball.

"Look! A mistletoe!" Sirius pointed up as the both of them were making their way out of the kitchen. "It's tradition to kiss under mistletoes. Did you know?"

"Oh..." Jenna bit the inside of her cheek shyly, trying hard to prevent her hair from turning pink.

"So..." Sirius started hesitantly. "C-can I kiss you?"

Jenna looked up at him, even though he wasn't much taller than her back then. Her hair then turned a deep shade of pink as she nodded and then awkwardly closes her eyes shut.

     She didn't know where her hands was supposed to go, so she just kept them by her side as Sirius started to uneasily lean forward for a quick peck.

"Protego!" Jenna heard herself yell before Sirius's lips could touch hers and the next moment when she opened her eyes, she found herself back in Dumbledore's office, panting heavily as she struggled to stand up straight.

"I am truthfully sorry," said Dumbledore earnestly, his blue eyes blinking down at her. "But I have to penetrate those memories which you find most private. It works best that way. It gets you fighting with more motivation. Now if you don't mind, I might have to keep going with them."

"A-actually, sir, I'd rather if you didn't use them—"

"Legilimence!"

Jenna was now laying in front of Remus on the floor of the Shrieking Shack. His chest was slightly bleeding because of his own scratches and Jenna was telling him that she liked him.

"Expelliarmus!" Jenna yelled. The picture disappeared. She was once again in Dumbledore's office.

When she looked up, she saw that Dumbledore was still holding onto his wand, which meant that he had blocked her spell. But Jenna smiled to herself, knowing that at least she had blocked him out of her mind.

"Very good, Miss Potter," he beamed down at her. "Very good indeed. Just give it a few years, and I'm sure you'll master it perfectly."