Chapter 100

Throughout the next week, Sirius was ignoring Jenna to the best of his abilities, but she wasn't one to leave him alone and so stubbornly followed him wherever he went, trying to get him to forgive her.

"I already told you that I'm sorry!" said Jenna with a grin while she tried to keep up with his fast pace as he was making his way over Herbology.

"You don't look sorry," said Sirius with a scoff, shaking his head and looking away from her.

Jenna bit the inside of her cheek to herself from smiling, but she ended up snorting with laughter, earning a glare from Sirius.

        He tried to ignore her all the way toward the sixth years' greenhouse and got into the classroom.

"No, no. Don't you come here," said Sirius as Jenna tried to sit on the empty chair next to him. "This is Prongs's spot."

"You know you have to forgive me at some point," said Jenna stubbornly, folding her arms.

"I really don't think I have to."

"I'm your girlfriend!"

"What kind of a girlfriend does that to her boyfriend!"

"That's because other girls don't have that ability! Trust me, if they did, they wouldn't hesitate to do what I did."

"What are you two love birds talking about?" Turning around, they saw James entering the room with Lily.

"Where have you two been?" Jenna raised a brow at them.

"Library," said Lily casually, shrugging.

"What's up with you, anyway?" asked James, taking the seat next to Sirius as Lily went to greet Marlene and Alice who had just entered the class. "You've been going at it for a week now."

Jenna grinned and opened her mouth to explain, but Sirius broke him off when he briskly said in a warning manner, "Jenna, Don't!"

"It was a joke!" she retorted.

"It wasn't funny!"

"Let's tell James and let him decide if it's funny or not, shall we?" said Jenna, and before Sirius could protest she turned on her brother, saying, "We were kissing, and for a laugh, I thought it be funny to turn myself into our beloved caretaker."

James's jaw fell open, looking at Jenna in disbelief. "You didn't..." he said in a hollow voice and the moment Jenna nodded proudly, he bursted out laughing.

"IT WASN'T FUNNY!" Sirius yelled, but that only made James laugh harder, holding his stomach and his eyes tearing up.

"You — kissed — Filch!" he said between roars of laughter.

"Will you keep your voice down, Prongs!?" Sirius hissed, looking over the class as everyone started staring. "Other people won't know who you're actually talking about!"

But James wasn't listening, instead he high-fived Jenna when his laughter had died out a little bit. "Nice one, J.P."

      Grinning, Jenna went to take her usual seat next to her friends and they started putting their safety gloves and goggles on.

     "That was a mean thing you did, Jen," Lily scolded while Alice had already started filling up her pod, humming a song to herself.

     "I think it was awesome," Marlene said earnestly and snorted at the thought. "Really wish I was there though."

Sirius was grumpier than the whole week during the class, and it didn't help when James would start laughing to himself out-of-the-blue in the middle of the lesson every once in a while, each time he thought back about it.

***

That Friday marked Jenna's fourth Occlumency lesson with Dumbledore in the new term.

       She had made no progress since before Christmas and if anything, it felt like she was doing slightly worse compared to the last session she had before the break.

Although she managed to stop Dumbledore each time from getting to sensitive memories, saving herself from any more embarrassment.

Jenna didn't know how much longer she could keep this a secret from her friends, but Dumbledore still insisted on it.

She kept telling Sirius that she was spending time with her friends and told Lily and the others that she was with her boyfriend.

Although Jenna knew that it was only a matter of time that the two groups would come together and realize that she was with neither of them.

But she shook her head of the thought, telling herself that she would let her future-self deal with it and so proceeded with her lessons.

Sirius was still in a foul mood each time Jenna tried to corner him and get him to talk to her again, but the boy was almost as stubborn as she was when it came to these things.

But finally having enough, she decided to get this all over with as one night she spotted Sirius and his three friends in the common room.

Going forward, Sirius folded his arms when he spotted her and looked away, causing Jenna to roll her eyes at him.

"Can we talk?" she asked, but Sirius mumbled something grumpily under his breath.

Sighing, Jenna turned on the three boys and looked at them pleadingly for support. Thankfully, Remus got the hint and so he stood up. But he had to yank James's and Peter's shirts and drag them along as they had stayed put.

"So..." Jenna started awkwardly, sitting next to Sirius who still avoided her gaze. "You're still not over it, then."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because," Sirius started, turning to face her sharply, "you gave me a heart attack! I couldn't sleep for two nights straight! And now Prongs won't let it go! Besides, I nearly threw up when I saw Filch yesterday!"

Jenna couldn't help but chuckle at that, but cleared her throat and regained herself as Sirius shot her another glare.

"Ugh, fine!" She threw her hands up in defeat. "Clearly apologizing over and over isn't enough for you! What do you want me to do to make you feel better!?"

By those words, Sirius finally turned his head and regarded her intently for long seconds. "Are you taking suggestions?"

"Uh oh..." Jenna mumbled worriedly as his face lit up. "What do you have in mind?"

Sirius grinned. "It involves a broomstick."