Chapter 57

As she took it up in her hands and looked down, Jenna gritted her teeth together angrily, tempted to just throw it away.

     But curiosity took the better of her and before she knew it, she started unwrapping the box, her frown disappearing as she saw what was inside. She took it out, staring at it in awe.

It was a small snow-globe and as it seemed, the snow inside it was bewitched to fall from the top of it continuously.

     But that wasn't what caught Jenna's attention the most.

There, underneath the snow inside the globe, there were a boy and a girl, laying on the grass as they watched the sky and the snow falling down on them.

Although when Jenna looked more closely, she noticed that the doll-girl had blue hair, just like hers.

And with that, without even being able to stop herself, a smile crept through her face.

***

The twins decided to stay in bed the next day, being tired after an entire year at school, even though they had barely studied at all.

     They had even convinced their mother to let them eat breakfast in bed, not bothering to come downstairs.

But Jenna had missed her parents so much that finally went down around noon to spend the rest of the day by their side, trying to put aside any other thought that had been bothering her for the past month, including Dumbledore.

"Jenna, could you please call James down for dinner," said Mrs. Potter, making her famous soup which all of them loved. "He hasn't been down all day. What do you suppose he's doing up there?"

"Dunno," Jenna shrugged, walking upstairs to call James for dinner as her mother had asked her.

But her jaw dropped the moment she opened his door. "What are you doing!?"

James was sitting on his chair and had stretched out his legs on the desk, writing quickly on a piece of parchment with several books open before him on the table.

"Homework," said James in a bored voice as he scribbled on. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong," said Jenna, blinking a few times. "Did you say homework?"

"What? Is it that far fetched?"

"Yes."

James rolled his eyes. "What is it?"

"Mum says dinner's almost ready."

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute," said James, looking down at his books.

With her eyes widened in shock, Jenna retrieved downstairs, where she was joined by her brother after a short while, only to be forced to help with setting the dinner table by Mrs. Potter.

     "This is what we get for studying tirelessly for a year," James said with a dramatically loud sigh, so their mother would feel pity on them.

     But Mrs. Potter only smirked. "Nice try, Jamesie-boy," she said, knowing that nickname always pissed him off. "Now go ahead and bring the plates. Jenna, get the glasses, please."

     "We have a house-elf!" James retorted, setting down the four plates grumpily. "What's even the point?"

     "The point is that you need to learn to do your own stuff!"

     "Well, next year we're going to be able to do magic for it!" James argued. "Why do we have to learn it this way!?"

    "Because maybe you'll be stuck somewhere in the future without magic and need to do things in this certain way!"

     "The only place we'll ever be imprisoned and forced to set plates and wash dishes with hand, is in this stupid kitchen," James mumbled bitterly to himself.

      "I heard that," said Mrs. Potter, trying to hold back a smile. "And you'll now be setting down the forks too, for your cheeky arse."

     Jenna grinned as she watched James mumble angrily to himself, going through the drawers for the forks.

     Just then the doorbell rang, causing them all to look around at each other. "Are we expecting anyone?" James raised a brow.

     "No," Mrs. Potter shook her head, stirring her soup. "Jenna, please go and see who it is."

    "Why me!?" Jenna groaned.

     "Because I say so! Now get a move," said Mrs. Potter, shaking her head as she watched her leave. "These kids... they'll drive me crazy one day..."

     As Jenna neared their front door, the sound of the rain got heavier to her ears. Hesitantly, she opened the door, coming to a halt as she saw who was outside.

     Before her, under the pouring rain, she saw a boy with his back to her, soaked from head to toe and a trunk laying by his feet.

"S-sirius?" Jenna called him out, her lips trembling as he turned around to face her, his wet black hair falling onto his face.

     He stood there motionless under the rain, staring at her, his grey eyes red and puffy as he panted heavily.

     Slowly, Jenna walked towards him, the raindrops starting to fall on her briskly while she watched him nervously. "What're you doing here? Is everything okay?"

     But without answering, Sirius leaped forward and brought her into a hug, holding her close to his chest, unable to let go as he shivered.

     "C-can I stay here for the night?" he whispered weakly against her, closing his eyes as he held her.

     Caught off guard at first, Jenna finally wrapped her arms around him, hugging him back.

     "Of course," she whispered, holding him tight under the rain.