Chapter 90

The rest of the year went by quickly. Although the news of Alexandra Starling soon travelled all around the castle. They had found her parents' dead bodies, raising another rush of fear among everyone.

       But after a month, things seemed to go back to normal and they all tried to forget all about it as Christmas approached them.

      All the students had packed their stuff, ready to go home to celebrate the holidays with their families.

      "You guys will come, then, won't you?" Jenna asked the girls as she took turn in hugging them after they had arrived at King's Cross. "Mum and Dad have already sent the invitation for our Christmas party to your parents, I think."

       "I'll see you there," said Lily, smiling weakly. "Although I'm not sure if my parents will make it, Jen."

       "What — why not?"

      "You know how Petunia is," Lily sighed, rolling her eyes. "She'll ruin the night if she comes. And if Mum and Dad come without her, she'll nag for days on end after we go back."

     "How about the rest of you?" Jenna asked, turning to face Marlene and Alice hopefully.

      "My parents would be delighted." Alice smiled at her warmly.

       "Ugh, did you really have to invite my devil of a brother too?" Marlene groaned moodily.

      "You know what," Lily started, turning on her, "I would really want to meet him and see what all this fuss you make is about."

      "Well then, beware," Marlene muttered darkly, "word on the street has it that he's been sent to earth by Satan."

       After the three girls passed the barrier and went to the Muggle side of King's Cross to greet their parents, Jenna stayed behind, waiting for James and Sirius.

      Not two minutes later, they came out of the train, carrying their trunks and waving Remus and Peter goodbye.

      "You know what I've been thinking?" said James as they walked toward Jenna.

      "What?" she questioned.

       "Do Mum and Dad know that you two are going out?"

       Sirius and Jenna glanced sideways at each other, only remembering this too.

        "N-no," Jenna mumbled. "Not yet."

        "Good," said James with a smirk. "Can I be there when you tell them?"

        Gritting her teeth together, Jenna leaped forward to smack James on the arm, but he dodged and ran toward the barrier with his trolley while he laughed.

       "Stupid git," Jenna muttered under her breath as she watched her brother disappear from sight.

        "Just out of curiosity," Sirius started hesitantly, "your parents will be cool about this, right?"

       "Oh, Mum is cool alright," she said, shaking a hand at him reassuringly.

       "And your dad?"

       Jenna gulped. "Let's not think about it at the moment, shall we?"

      And with that, she took a hold of her trolley and ran toward the wall, Sirius following her right behind.

        "Hey, kids." Euphemia Potter smiled at them warmly as they walked into the station. "How was school?"

       "Great," said Jenna, hugging her.

      "More than great for them, if you ask me," James muttered, grinning in the distance.

       "What was that?" asked Fleamont Potter, turning to face him.

       "Nothing," said Jenna briskly, glaring at James who winked at her, only pissing her off more, before hugging her dad.

      "How are you, Son?" Fleamont called out to Sirius happily, clapping a hand over his back hardly, causing him to hurtle slightly forward.

       "G-good, sir," said Sirius in a stutter, avoiding his gaze.

       "Being extra polite now, are we?" said James. "Wise move, Padfoot."

      "Okay, what are you talking about?" said Mrs. Potter sharply, turning on James.

      "Oh, nothing," he shrugged. "Unless Jenna has something to say."

        "Yeah, I do actually," Jenna nodded. "That if karma doesn't hit you hard enough, I will."

***

When they finally arrived home, Jenna was first to come down to the kitchen after taking a quick shower.

Taking advantage of finding her mother alone in there, she decided to tell Euphemia about her and Sirius.

Her mother immediately went crazily happy after hearing the news, bombarding her with phrases such 'I told you so' or 'I knew it all along'.

"How to you think Dad will take it?" Jenna asked her anxiously.

"I really don't know..." Mrs. Potter mused. "I think he's still in denial when it comes to the fact that you and James have grown up."

"Well, he better get out of denial soon, because we're turning seventeen in less that three months."

"Whatchu talking about?" They turned around, seeing James walk inside the kitchen with Fleamont right behind him.

"Girl stuff," said Mrs. Potter, winking at Jenna as the two men quickly let go of the subject.

"Where's Sirius?" Jenna asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Taking a shower," said James with a grin, sitting down at the small table next to her. "Why do you ask, J.P? Any particular reason?"

"No," Jenna shrugged, but when she saw that their parents were now busy talking, she leaned toward James and snarled slowly, "Get your butt out of my business, Potter."

"Is that a threat?" James said in mock-concern, gasping dramatically.

"Don't try me, J.P. I can easily bring you down."

There was a small pause, and then —

"Hey, Dad?" James suddenly called out loudly with a smirk, his eyes fixed on Jenna as the color drained from her face. "Did Jenna tell you that she's dating someone now?"

"She what!?" Mr. Potter exclaimed, turning sharply to face her with widened eyes.

"I'll be in the living room, listening," James whispered to Jenna, standing up. "Good luck." And with one last wink at her, he left the kitchen.

"I knew you've been single for a suspicious amount of time!" Mr. Potter yelled, pointing a finger at her.

"Oh for the love of Godric, calm down, Fleamont —"

"Well, who is it!?" Mr. Potter snapped, breaking off his wife.

"Y-you know him, actually," Jenna said in a small voice.

"Is it Remus?"

"N-no..."

"Peter?"

She shook her head.

"Oh, bollocks," Mr. Potter groaned to himself. "Don't tell me it's that blonde girl, Marlene."

"What!? No, Dad! It's a guy!"

"Well, I don't know anybody else other than —" His face then fell and he went pale at the realization. "Oh, Jenna..."