Chapter 13

"It will happen soon, Kitten," Sirius winked at her. "That's a promise."

     Jenna was about to retort, but when she saw James behind Sirius, rolling up his sleeves angrily and taking his wand out as he glared dangerously at Sirius, she just closed her mouth.

     "Whatever you say, Padfoot." Jenna grinned, turning on her heels and walking towards the girls' dormitory.

     But before she could get the chance to close the door, she heard what sounded like an explosion and then shrieks of 'HELP' followed.

Poor Sirius, Jenna thought with a sigh, not feeling sympathetic at all.

Entering their room, Jenna grinned at Lily who had just gotten into her sleeping robes.

"You're my hero, Lil." said Jenna quietly, so she wouldn't wake Alice and Marlene up, who were sound asleep.

Lily giggled. "Why?"

"You had to see Sirius's face when you took points off because of him. It was legendary." Jenna laughed and said mockingly, "He never thought anyone would ever take points off the perfect brilliant cool Sirius Black!"

"Well, what difference would it make in the end, anyway? If Potter convinces Remus to give the points back..." said Lily grimly.

"Oh, don't worry," Jenna shook a hand reassuringly. "Remus wouldn't do that."

"But he doesn't stop them, either," Lily reasoned.

"I dunno," Jenna shrugged. "Maybe Dumbledore thought he could make Sirius and James feel more responsible."

"Sure," Lily scoffed louldy. "As if–"

But before she could say anything more, someone had thrown a pillow and hit Lily on the head. Turning around, they saw Marlene sitting up on her bed angrily, her blonde hair messy and all over the place.

"What was that for!?" Lily scolded.

"For talking loudly, that's what!" Marlene retorted. "In case it has escaped your notice, people are sleeping here!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jenna started with an innocent look, "I didn't know you counted as people."

"Alright, that's it, Potter!" Marlene growled, running towards Jenna with her spare pillow, hitting her in the face.

"Oh, it's on!" Jenna smirked, hitting Marlene even harder with her own pillow.

"What's going on?" Alice called sleepily, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

When she spotted Jenna and Marlene hitting each other as if they were going to kill one another, she quickly got off her bed and ran towards them.

"Now, now, guys," Alice said gently, "Let's not fight and–"

But she was silenced when Marlene accidentally hit her instead of Jenna, catching everyone off guard. The room fell silent as they watched for Alice's reaction.

"I'm so sorry, Alice," Marlene started nervously. "I swear I was going for Jen—"

But she was cut off when Alice had taken the spare pillow which laid on the floor, and hit Marlene with it.

Everyone went quiet as they watched Alice in shock before they all broke down in laughter, starting a never-ending night of pillow fights.

***

Even though it was Saturday and they had gotten up later than usual, the four girls were yawning all through breakfast, seeing as they had barely slept the previous night.

They had convinced Lily to forget the library and go outside with them, so they could go by the Black Lake to enjoy the rare sunny day. Sitting in a circle on the green grass, the four girls had their books out and were studying near the water.

Lily was leaning against a tree, studying through her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Alice was laying down on the grass on her back, her One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi book raised as she read it, humming a tune to herself; Herbology was her favorite subject and she never seemed to put the book down.

Marlene was sitting with her legs crossed, cursing under her breath as she tried to memorize the names of important Goblins in the famous goblin rebellion of the 18th century.

Jenna laid down on her stomach with her book before her on the grass, yet her mind was far away, daydreaming about her tutoring session with Remus which was in a few hours.

     "Everything's gonna go alright, Jen," Lily said all of a sudden, breaking the silence.

     "What?" Jenna raised her head at that.

     "I know you're thinking about him." said Lily, smiling at Jenna from where she sat. Now Marlene and Alice were looking between them too.

     "Am I putting too much effort in this?" Jenna sighed. "I just feel like... he will never see me more than a friend; more that James's sister."

      "Well, you will never find out unless you go and talk to him about it," Lily reasoned. "Just tell him how you feel."

     Jenna sat up straight, saying, "It's not that simple."

     "It's always that simple." Lily smiled her usual heartwarming smile, going back to reading.

     With one last sigh, Jenna looked at her watch and then closed her book. "C'mon, Mar, let's go. We've got Quidditch practice in twenty minutes."

    "Oh, thank Merlin!" Marlene let out in relief, closing her book happily. "One more word about goblins and I would've puked!"

     "See you later, guys." They waved at Lily and Alice who remained there, and left to change into their Quidditch robes.

     They practiced tirelessly for almost three hours until they were finally done by five and landed back on the ground with their brooms.

     Jenna started putting back the balls in their place in the trunk, but she frowned when she realized the snitch was missing.

     Rolling her eyes, she got up on her feet, going after James and Sirius who were walking towards the boys' locker room, carrying their brooms on their shoulders.

      "Oi, J.P!" she called out, causing the two boys to stop. "Give the snitch back."

     "I don't have it." James shrugged casually.

     But Jenna wasn't having it. She gave him a knowing looking and raised her hand before him.

     Rolling his eyes, James dug into his trousers' pocket and took out the Golden Snitch, placing it in Jenna's palm grumpily.

      "Thank you," Jenna grinned cockily, putting back the snitch in its place.

     She took her time to shower and change back to her clean robes, and so she made her way towards the library five minutes to six.

     She spotted Remus quickly as he was sitting in his usual corner, his hand in his brown hair as he read through his Potions' book. He somehow looked more worn out than usual.

     Jenna's heart fluttered at his usual manner, smiling at his sight. She reminded herself that everything was going to go smoothly.

     After all, Sirius and James were nowhere to be seen. Nothing could possibly ruin her day now.