Chapter 12

"Who?" Lily questioned in a whisper as her and Jenna made their way towards the round table where everybody else was sitting.

     "Theodor Nott." Jenna answered quietly in a snarl, but there was no time to talk more on the matter as they reached their seats.

      Theodor Nott was a Slytherin whose admiration for insulting Muggleborns and his fascination toward the Dark Arts made it obvious that he was planning on joining the Dark force after school, if he hadn't already.

     "Well, well," Slughorn started beaming at them. "Now that we're all here, let me introduce you to our newest members," he then pointed brightly at Lily and Jenna. "This is Miss Evans, and Miss Potter, of course; two of the best in their year, I would say."

     Lily smiled back at Slughorn. But Jenna was busy sending death glares at Theodor Nott, who had on several occasions insulted Lily on her blood status before.

"And our other new member is young Mr. Black here." said Slughorn, pointing at Sirius's little brother, Regulus. "A respectful family, the Blacks are."

Jenna's head turned on them at that. From what she had heard from James, Sirius's family was anything but respectable. Or at least, that was Sirius's version of saying it.

"I'm ever so sorry that your brother couldn't join us tonight, Mr. Black," said Slughorn.

Regulus scoffed. "Don't be."

But Slughorn ignored that sarcastic remark and turned to Jenna. "And I have also heard a lot about your parents, too, Miss Potter. They are both Aurors, am I right?"

Jenna merely nodded, but then went back to play with the food on her plate with her fork, bored. All that was keeping her going was the thought of spending some alone time with Remus tomorrow.

     "For those of you who don't know, Fleamont and Euphemia Potter were both very active in our war against Grindelwald around 1945, at the end of it." said Sughorn, regaining everyone's attention by that. "They fought heroically against Grindelwald's followers. And they both received Order of Merlin, second class. Am I right, Miss Potter?"

"Yes, sir." Jenna nodded again, not sharing the same amount of interest in the subject as the rest of the people sitting there did.

     "And how old were they back then?"

     "Around twenty, I guess."

"Wonderful!" Professor Slughorn exclaimed. "And not to mention Fleamont Potter was a celebrated Potioneer back in the day. He is the inventor of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion and many other Scalp Treatments."

"Yes, sir." Jenna nodded proudly.

     "Fascinating! And how about your parents, Miss Evans?" Slughorn said out of the blue, catching Lily off guard. "What do they do in the Muggle world?"

"Um – well – my mother's a housewife, and my father's a doctor." she said, starting to get questioning glances from others, and a nasty look from Nott.

"Doctor, did you say?" Slughorn raised a curious brow at her.

"It's like Healers, but for Muggles." Lily explained.

"Interesting." Slughorn nodded, though Jenna got the impression that he didn't mean it much.

But the professor then smiled brightly once again when he turned to gesture at a pretty black girl with an afro, saying, "And miss Layla Miller here is the daughter of Izaak Miller; one of the best editors of the Daily Prophet."