Ch44 - Second change.

The conversation was temporarily suspended but You Liangxing's mood was not stable at all. With that last sentence, he almost thought that the other party had the intention to meet him. And even though the words were discontinued in the end, he could not help but think about it more.

What if [Ah Sheng] really offered to meet? Would he go?

He was a player met in game, and as they continued to interact and became more acquainted with each other, it was apparent that their interests and personalities were not similar but that was of no consequence. As a matter of fact, their relationship was fast approaching the word 'friend'.

You Liangxing was unsure if he should meet him or not, but his heart seemed to already have its answer: Was there even any harm in meeting him...?

After staying rigid for a while, You Liangxing felt slightly stifled because he could not explain what he was feeling, and he constantly felt that something was not right with his heart. He pulled out his phone and logged into King's Glory. For the past few days, he would open a game with Ah Sheng the moment he entered every single time, and he was rarely online on his own.

Still perturbed, You Liangxing planned to play a match to pass the time. However, just as he was about to enter the matchmaking queue, he noticed that on the game's list, one of his friends [Monthly Refreshing Breeze] was online as well.

And [Monthly Refreshing Breeze] was Liang Chuhan, the older sister of Liang Chulin and she was a female school junior from the College of Liberal Arts.

While he shared little to no association with her, he recalled that she had asked if they could play together after the both of them had went through a few games with Liao Su as a three-man queue.

Furthermore, he was currently idle, and he thought that he should invite her while he was at it. Alas, after two to three seconds, the system gave a prompt:

— The other party has rejected your invitation.

Maybe she was busy, You Liangxing mused, but he did not delve too deeply into matter. Instead, he started the matchmaking queue and played on his own.

The game was quiet; there were not up and downs in the proceedings of the match, his teammates' skill levels were alright and You Liangxing alone was enough to carry the entire team. The game lasted for eight minutes, and it ended with You Liangxing blasting the enemy's crystal nexus on his lonesome, resulting in his victory.

It was played very smoothly, but it also felt rather boring.

Having grown accustomed to playing with [Ah Sheng], You Liangxing felt a little silly when it was just him. It was then and there that he decided to stop playing and shut off the game, lying back down on his bed and fell asleep groggily.

The next time he woke up, it was from a burst of shrills that the video call from Liao Su made. Yu Liangxing's eyes wrenched open, and a wave of irritability from having his sleep disturbed surged. Changing the video call into a normal voice call, he lowered his voice and spoke.

"What do you want?"

The voice was soft, but it carried a thick and strong pressure. Liao Su froze for a bit on his end before he laughed loudly, "Brother Liang, that can't be it, right? It's only ten o' clock at night, since when did you sleep so early?"

Around ten o' clock? You Liangxing stilled and raised his eyes to look at the time. Sure enough, it was only a few minutes past ten, and had it not been for Liao Su's video call, he would have slept through it.

It was by a stroke of luck that he was awoken. You Liangxing relaxed himself before he spoke again: "What do you want, do you need something?" His tone was still cool, but the anger within it had lessened significantly.