Ch90 - Beep- Beep-

A University was a key famous university in City A, and the pomp and ceremony that it held was extremely grand; not only were the city leaders in attendance, even the well-known professors from all over the country arrived early to attend the ceremony. In September, the sun still possessed some heat, and at this time, it was inevitable that the quality of the people would be tested. The College of Liberal Arts, however, was lucky this time around as two-thirds of their majors were situated in the shade.

Kang Shengzhe and Liang Chulin were within the fortunate two-thirds, and they obediently totted their little folding stools and lined up properly to sit down in a square array. With how cooling the shade was compared to other places, most people did not want to get up once they sat down.

Although they had to listen to the various pretext that the leaders were offering, it was obvious at a glance that the people in the shaded area were better off compared to the people who had to persist under the sun.

It did not take long for everyone to gather, and the person on the podium shouted a resonant and loud 'Quieten down' through the microphone and the crowd went hush. Then, the older school sister who was the main emcee, began reading the opening speech to kickstart the opening ceremony proper.

For people who have been attending school since their childhood, these procedures were the same old set and there was no need to pay attention to them. Kang Shengzhe was absent-minded and he was already preparing to close his eyes when the opening speech started. On the other hand, Liang Chulin pushed him once and said gently, "Hey, look over there."

Kang Shengzhe's gaze swept across and there was nothing that entered his eyes. Liang Chulin pouted and said again: "I've seen that school senior before, the one from the student union, and he even came to the dormitory with Brother Liang Liang, what was he called..."

Kang Shengzhe focused his eyes on that particular person before he said: "Liao Su."

"Ah, right, that's right, he's called Liao Su. Yi, you know of him?"

Upon seeing Liao Su's side profile on the podium stage, Kang Shengzhe froze slightly, unable to elaborate more on the situation to Liang Chulin. It made sense now as to why Liao Su had briefly touched on the fact that he had a job to do today; with the school opening ceremony, how could the student union possibly escape from the duty of having to facilitate it? It was no wonder that Liao Su was standing there.

The thoughts circulated in Kang Shengzhe's mind for a good while and he looked left and right to run through the people on the stage. Liang Chulin, who was standing by side, paused, and he returned back to himself with a murmur: "That means Brother Liang Liang must be around too, where is he?"

Unable to find the person he was looking for, Kang Shengzhe retrieved his phone and lowered his head covertly to send You Liangxing a message. The joke he made in the morning was still on the interface, and he sent an expression of a fancy heart gesture to him.

The other party was quick to reply. You Liangxing: — What are you doing.

Kang Shengzhe typed: — Where are you?

You Liangxing: — School.

Kang Shengzhe: — Be more specific.

You Liangxing: — The podium.

Kang Shengzhe lifted his head to scan the entire stage, going across each individual one by one. Around eighty percent of the personnel there were teachers, and there were a few male and female school seniors accompanying them. Liao Su was akin to a telephone pole sprouting out at the side and he was supposedly commandeering over the entire situation. With the crew cut and seriousness he portrayed, he looked like a simple-minded bodyguard, and Liang Liang... Liang Liang... was not there.