Ch48 - Don't mourn.

In an instant, Wang Lu's head descended into all-out chaos. He raised his head, and in the same instance where the person's face was a blur, he could only say out of conditioned reflex: "K, KK?"

"En."

The voice was familiar, the 'en' he made had a listless taste, and it was congruous to KK's character. Confused, Wang Lu took a step back and pulled a little distance between him and KK. Concurrently, his gaze landed on KK's visage.

His moment of blankness was swept away by a delirium of frenzy in a blink of eye.

Such a, such a good thing actually happened...

KK was way too dazzling!

In Wang Lu's opinion, not only was he better than Piaoluo, he was evidently better than Howling Wolf by a level even when he made a general comparison to the anchor circles.

However, such a comparison was not appropriate in a subtle way; truth to be told, the person in front of him could not be described with terms meant for young men like dashing or handsome and spirited. He was not handsome per se, rather, it was a unique temperament of... beauty.

KK was very tall, and a conservative estimate of his height was two metres, and by benefit of his well-proportioned body, he did not look frail. Despite being taller than what people usually constituted as tall, his height did not look alarming, rather, with his indescribable temperament, it gave off the feeling that he was supposed to look like that.

In summary, he was blessed with deep and exquisite facial features which made him exceptionally beautiful, and it propped up his two-metre long frame, making him look like an international male model with a touch of gloominess when he had an expression of decadence.

Wang Lu was surprised at first, and once he calmed down, he became ecstatic right afterwards. He was filled with enthusiasm when he said: "Good, this is really good. It's good that you're here, right, are you air sick? Do you need some time to rest?"

Kang Shengzhe shook his head and said: "No need."

It was still the same listless voice and Wang Lu could not help but be attracted to the noise. Despite his enthusiasm, he did not forget that KK's condition was his main priority. He scrutinized him carefully and realized that not only was he dispirited, his eyes were underlined with greenish-blacks as if he hadn't slept enough. Thankfully, his foundation was good and he had a natural air of dejectedness. Otherwise, he did not know how many impression points his dark circles would have deducted.

Wang Lu felt anxious, "Did you not sleep yesterday? Did something happen to someone?"

Kang Shengzhe simply said: "Nothing's wrong."

How could there be nothing wrong, it was obvious that he had no intention to say it out loud. Guessing that it was a private matter, he decided it was best not to ask, and he only prayed that it would not affect his work. He lowered his head to check the time before saying: "Okay, we'll head to the company first then. Where's your luggage, is it checked?"

Kang Shengzhe shook his head and said: "No."

"No? You came out empty-handed? Wait, was it stolen?" Wang Lu was surprised. Scanning Kang Shengzhe and his vicinity, he realized that there really was no suitcase or luggage in sight.

Kang Shengzhe did not speak and only turned to his side. Wang Lu lifted his head and saw a bag pack on his back. It was not large in size, and it was estimated that it could only fit a few items. Since Kang Shengzhe was very tall, teh bag was basically hidden from Wang Lu's vision.

"You only have that bag."

"En."

Wang Lu said: "I see, okay, give that to me. You should rest a little in the car first. No matter what, it's better for you to take a nap."