Ch63 - Hypocrite!

You Liangxing had never experienced a circumstance where his heart was in such a perturbed mess; in one moment, it felt like it want to beat erratically in every direction and in another, it felt stuck in his throat. The oppressive feeling engulfing his chest cavity made his entire body tremble, and he was rendered utterly speechless.

As he ignored Ah Sheng's messages and returned back to the game, the game had already found its match, and everyone had chosen to enter the next phase of the game except him.

Initially, You Liangxing wanted to get kicked out of the game in such a fashion, but he was also worried that Bai Yao would immediately come knocking on his door to ask. Hence, he changed his mind – rather than heralding the tempest early, he may as well prolong its arrival as long as possible.

Truth to be told, in this world, there was no greater natural enemy for You Liangxing other than the person who went by the name of Bai Yao.

Thus, he pressed accept.

When the game officially started, what was unexpected was that neither Ah Sheng nor Bai Yao's avatar showed any changes as the both of them chose not to turn on their speech function. Ah Sheng had an injured throat so he could not speak, whereas Bai Yao basically had no intention to speak.

Flummoxed, the thoughts in You Liangxing's mind accumulated as he tried to deduce the reason as to why Ah Sheng and Bai Yao would queue together.

Recently, there had been news of Ah Sheng and Bai Yao live broadcasting together. Prior to this, Bai Yao had mentioned that playing games was her work tonight. Therefore, the fact that they were practicing together in advance was extremely normal... It was simple logic; why hadn't he thought of it just now?

The regret that slammed into him was turbulent and fierce, suffocating You Liangxing's heart. Seeing that Bai Yao chose to play a middle lane mage while Ah Sheng had opted to play jungle, he chose to fill with the healer Cai Wenji.

In a seemingly peaceful game room, You Liangxing was rupturing inside on his lonesome.

He was terror-stricken as he continued to play the game. Having chosen the position of a healer, he followed the marksman to destroy the bottom lane tower before he converged with Ah Sheng in the middle lane. During the game, he could not help but pay attention to Bai Yao's mechanics.

The last time he had come into contact with Bai Yao's gameplay was back in City A, and back then, she was pure novice, constantly gifting her head to the enemies whenever she played. And after the long period of time that had passed between then and now, her technique and game awareness had improved a lot, and the changes in her overall style was particularly significant.

All in all... it was very bitchy.

She would hide in the brushes and rob people as their lightweight chariot headed down the familiar road, and during team fights, she would hide in the back lines and release her full set of abilities before she turned tail to run, completely mastering the quintessence of Da Ji.

You Liangxing's consciousness was stretched taut as he manipulated Cai Wenji to follow Ah Sheng to run east and west. Abruptly, an announcement sounded in game and stole his attention. Bai Yao's Da Ji had reaped another kill in game, earning her seventh kill in the entire match.

Simultaneously, a message from Bai Yao appeared in the chat.

[Ally Da Ji] Goddess of Kings in Gold: — Ze ze ze, how about it?

He did not know who the question was directed to but You Liangxing was exceptionally susceptible today. Usually he would ignore it; but when he remembered how they ended up in the queue together, he felt the unconscious need to coax her.